What Are You Doing? - Page 32

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22242526272829303132333435363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

I'm in that annoying stage of trying to begin a flash story when I don't have much of an idea for the prompt. It goes on for days, ugh.

Kitty is wobbly, confused and not eating but seems calm and content on her pain meds. I just put her on a fluffy towel in the sun spot on the living room floor, her favorite place. I was surprised that she was still with us this morning because late last night she seemed nearly comatose.

I've always heard of other animals in the home doing heartwarming things with a dying pet but the other cat only stops by to try to snitch her food and water. And he tried to drag her away from my husband, by the nape of her neck, when husband was apparently paying too much attention to her. Welp, that's a cat for ya. Now naughty cat is shut in the bedroom.

Getting ready to go out. Husband compliments me and my new top, then happily adds, "You look like you're on Star Trek!"

Was it the ears?

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Was it the ears?
    We can only hope.

Set Phaser to 'kill'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Getting ready to go out. Husband compliments me and my new top, then happily adds, "You look like you're on Star Trek!"
    *pulls into driveway with shovel*

I'll help you bury the body. :3

Blog Entries
    If he likes Star Trek this would be a compliment, wouldn't it? Besides, everyone on Star Trek is a genetic marvel

I am currently working on learning how to make reversible interlocking crocheted fabric. Because it's there, I have to know how.
    Last edited by Foxee; January 10th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was just trying to decipher The Drunken Boat by Arthur Rimbaud. I've only recently taken an interest in poetry and, while much of it seems like fluff, there have been some poets out there who are worth reading and studying, just like there are artists who just make pretty pictures and others who express relatable emotions. During times of loneliness and solitude, when it seems like you can't connect with anything in this irrational world where it seems more and more like the center is not going to hold, and that it's all going to collapse under its own weight, while we can't do anything to prevent its demise, we can appreciate words that can describe it. We can connect with poetry when people let us down, even more so than with paintings.

Sitting on the porch drinking coffee in my PJs noticing the grass is long after being on holiday
    no rush
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

In a spa pool writing the chronicles of a modern hero
    that life eh
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas