What Are You Doing? - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Right now? I am watching more Youtube videos on plastic pollution. One of the most alarming facts is that plastic breakdown into tiny pieces (microplastics) which then enters the food chain via plankton. The plankton is then eaten by fish. And we eat fish!

https://www.facebook.com/lessplastic...2619842061942/
    Do a little more research and you'll see that microplastics are also killing off Prochlorococcus. Prochlorococcus is a genus of very small marine cyanobacteria that are responsible for producing at least 20 percent of the oxygen in the atmosphere. We're doing just about everything we can to do ourselves in.

A snippet from Richard Powers' book, The Overstory: A Novel. "That's the trouble with people, their root problem. Life runs alongside them, unseen. Right here, right next. Creating the soil. Cycling water. Trading in nutrients. Making weather. Building atmosphere. Feeding and curing and sheltering more kinds of creatures than people know how to count.
    A chorus of living wood sings to the woman: If your mind were only a slightly greener thing, we'd drown you in meaning."

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Megan, I feel so helpless when I watch these documentaries. I joined a local action group and all they are wittering on about is trying to persuade local bars and restaurants to use paper or bamboo straws instead of plastic. Which is fine but we need to change the general public's attitude to plastic consumables.

I am losing patience with them. We should be pooling our ideas to look at alternatives to single use plastic, affordable organic cleaning, personal hygiene and gardening products... and upcycle options for plastic bottles, yogurt pots etc. We need to create a fact sheet in four/five languages and then distribute to all local residents and tourists. People will only make the change if you provide them with proven viable alternatives with 'not too much effort' attached. We should be working together to bring awareness and positive change in everyday life.

I am with you on the bottled water situation. At the moment we are researching water filters. I've got to find a way... haha...there is no good me trying to promote change if I've not got my own house in order
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    <snip> We should be working together to bring awareness and positive change in everyday life.<snip>
    redetec
    protocycler<-clicky, save a <insert your fav here>
    custom prosthetics?
    exoskeletons?
    yeah.
    people are doin' that.
    seen it mehsef.
    jussayin'

oh.
    now.
    sharing info and preparing to be late.
    modestly late.

Poking about this forum while binge watching a series on Amazon Prime called, In Plain Sight, which I am really enjoying. Also drinking a beer, trying to decide between salmon and the T-bone I purchased yesterday on special. LOL
    Help me decide!

Quote Originally Posted by 50shadesofdoubt View Post
    trying to decide between salmon and the T-bone I purchased yesterday on special. LOL
    Help me decide!
    Salmon
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

Quote Originally Posted by 50shadesofdoubt View Post
    Poking about this forum while binge watching a series on Amazon Prime called, In Plain Sight, which I am really enjoying. Also drinking a beer, trying to decide between salmon and the T-bone I purchased yesterday on special. LOL
    Help me decide!
    Both!

ETA: I just had some delicious takeout grilled shrimp and vegetables. Now I'm trying to finish up a story. If it comes together well enough, I'll enter it into this weekly flash fiction contest:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...er=48#lastpost
    Last edited by Ma'am; May 21st, 2019 at 11:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Woke up early 'cause I'm restless, and I find a Google Alert in my in box. So I follow it and it's for one of my out of print books. I find it being given away on a site I've never heard of before. There's like 82 comments on the site praising God for the book and the freebie site. I'm just sitting there wondering what's going on here. The book was trade published and copyrighted in my name. I'm not really mad, but confused and flattered at the same time.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Had my first coffee, walked the dogs, chewing my gum and now digging into In Parenthesis.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Trying to get ready for my upcoming three day weekend trip. I think I'll pack now so my tiny brain will feel less scattered.

Resting my back before I water the garden.

Hello Ma'am, I'm very pleased to meet you officially. Banned.... Ah, no. Wrong thread, sorry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast