What Are You Doing? - Page 25

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15171819202122232425262728293031323335 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

So.... Funny thing just happened to me! I've been working for Brooks Brothers and very content with that job, when my alma mater called me up and offered me a job as a surgical instructor. I'm currently awaiting details that the caller said they would send via e-mail. This is kinda' my dream job, although I absolutely love working for Brooks Brothers. I love the company, my coworkers, my manager...

...How do you all add images to spoilers? -_-

Try Antarctica. Penguins are nicer than humans
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

thinking I need to finishing transferring the Christmas album that I started yesterday from the turntable to the computer. Also praying the new part I put in my stereo keeps working.

Blog Entries
    I'm celebrating an unexpected victory at the moment. Trying to grasp what happened. I was just informed that my book Screamcatcher: Web World took first place in the N. N. Light Book Awards contest for best Young Adult novel of 2019. Not a huge event, nor a small one either. I must have been auto-entered in this running because I had no idea such a platform was part of their yearly program. I take it that about 1,750 books in 25 categories/genres were considered because of their highest reviews. I wasn't even forewarned as a finalist position. Since this was a no-pay entry contest, it made it all that more significant and relevant to me.

This is the third time I've won or placed in anything literature related in 29 years. I think we all know how impossible the odds can seem. Yet when it happens to you, you sit there in a stupor and wonder the why of it, rather than the whole "Oh hell yes!" of it. Needless to say, I'm humbled and grateful to be called out for a little book that I thought was nothing more than a little slammer beach read.

I would encourage others to adopt the feeling that this could happen to you, when you least expect it. And isn't that always the way it seems to work? Victory always seems to sneak up on you with no pre-warning. I'll have fond memories of this day and time in my life. It felt like somebody wrapped their arms around me after a long period of loneliness. And in the writing world where rejection is 99% of our existence, these are the moments that make it all worth the insufferable effort to accomplish and carry on.

https://www.nnlightsbookheaven.com/p...-award-winners
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson View Post
    I'm celebrating an unexpected victory at the moment. Trying to grasp what happened. I was just informed that my book Screamcatcher: Web World took first place in the N. N. Light Book Awards contest for best Young Adult novel of 2019. Not a huge event, nor a small one either. I must have been auto-entered in this running because I had no idea such a platform was part of their yearly program. I take it that about 1,750 books in 25 categories/genres were considered because of their highest reviews. I wasn't even forewarned as a finalist position. Since this was a no-pay entry contest, it made it all that more significant and relevant to me.

This is the third time I've won or placed in anything literature related in 29 years. I think we all know how impossible the odds can seem. Yet when it happens to you, you sit there in a stupor and wonder the why of it, rather than the whole "Oh hell yes!" of it. Needless to say, I'm humbled and grateful to be called out for a little book that I thought was nothing more than a little slammer beach read.

I would encourage others to adopt the feeling that this could happen to you, when you least expect it. And isn't that always the way it seems to work? Victory always seems to sneak up on you with no pre-warning. I'll have fond memories of this day and time in my life. It felt like somebody wrapped their arms around me after a long period of loneliness. And in the writing world where rejection is 99% of our existence, these are the moments that make it all worth the insufferable effort to accomplish and carry on.

https://www.nnlightsbookheaven.com/p...-award-winners
    GREAT JOB!

I am listening to Welsh-language talk radio to keep up on my skills in the language, which I speak to my red-haired 18-month-old son every day.

I feel kind of shitty from a nerd perspective. :[

-> JK Rowling ousted herself as a transphobe due to her recent tweet.

-> Bethesda continues to be its greedy self being deaf to all its faithful consumers that stuck with them for decades.

-> 'Rise of Skywalker' is out and from what I've seen, the fanbase is now even more divided with both sides insulting each other for daring to either like or dislike the movies/Sequel Trilogy.

I mean, I know I can enjoy the work as they are without caring about the creators or feuds between fans but it's kind of hard right now.