What Are You Doing? - Page 20

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Blog Entries
    Three pages away from final edits on my YA fantasy trilogy, Screamcatcher. This is book two, and I'm really concerned about the format changing when my publisher sent the last copy. I have a problem that has to be solved and I'm woefully inadequate to fix it.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

I can't fall asleep. I don't feel like reading with no end in sight at some time after midnight. However, I did purchase two books by phil williams. It deals with the english language. I for example read some easy explanations. The verb is important in the sentence since it describes an event (2 more definitions but such as it shows the action performed by the subject). I didn't think I'd define it this way but this distinction is helpful. However, it is useful for people who write stories to entertain. So I will write thinking of an event in the narrative. That and it touches on description. Word Order by Phil Williams deals with syntax and is a self-study guide. It's simple and not complex. It's meant for anyone to study and learn from. I am motivated for many reasons I have to write. I have a feeling I will write a better draft after I finish the book. It also says you must use concrete details. So if I want to write a poetic line. I have to first anchor it in the concrete and not the abstract. It wouldn't make sense to use figurative language at the beginning of a sentence. Overall I will do almost anything to write correctly. I will do the same for writing stories. I know craft books get a bad reputation. I also bought recommended by the number 1 writing contributor on amazon. These were very cheap.It made me think what I have not been doing correctly. Conflict for example is always created when something is on the line. When something that will benefit one person will not benefit the other person. Overall I am pleased I found these guides. I had to buy my kindle charger and cord after it was stolen. Which is overpriced.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; November 18th, 2019 at 06:14 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

In the smoke and flames from my burning ships and bridges.
    Blog Entries
    Washing laundry, getting ready to roast garlic, making veggie broth for the anti-cold medicinal garlic soup, considering sending my new slow-cooker back (bummer), wondering what I'm going to do about supper (not too early), feeling slightly guilty about not getting my NaNo words in yet today but promising myself that I will since I left my MC in a fire, realizing that my coffee is cold and this is unacceptable, casting a wary eye at dishes, and realizing that I have phone calls to make and my son needs his medicine to try to combat the flu.
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Wake, imbibe copious amounts of coffee, shower, commute, work, commute, sleep. Rinse and repeat...
    Her: (trying to be profound) If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
    Me: (Hungover and really not in the mood) The only tool I have is a screwdriver, so every problem looks like I can solve it by screwing.
    Her: ....

I'm trying to write an ending to a story. Endings are hard. They should be optional. Yes.

Blog Entries
    I'm totally losing my mind, having to register and begin the process of going book to film. I have some Hollywood film industry help at the moment, but trying to put all of this stuff together so I can pitch the producer is just wiping me out. I knew what I was getting into--log lines, tag lines, treatments, beat sheets, short and long synopsis, but it is so involved, I've entered a new world. I have an agent and manager, and it's even a huge caseload for them. I swear, if I didn't believe in this project, I'd kick it to the curb.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Trying to find an excuse not to work on NaNo ... WF is a great place for distractions.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

In the smoke and flames from my burning ships and bridges.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I'm trying to write an ending to a story. Endings are hard. They should be optional. Yes.
    I hate trying to write endings and have not done much of it successfully yet. However, here's a podcast that is worth a listen.
    https://writingexcuses.com/2011/08/0...-c-e-quotient/
    We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Lost in thoughts of Alan. idreamofalan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Failing at sleeping.
    Someone: You attract what you fear.
    Me: I'm terrified of Alan Cumming.