What Are You Doing? - Page 11

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing?

Binge watching "Don't Feed the Humans" on YouTube. Yes, it's pap. Don't judge me.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Just finished weeding the front lawn, ridding it of crabgrass that was taking over the entire place. Not a single bit of crabgrass remains, but now the lawn looks like it has mange.

"Pulling weeds in the hot sun!
    I fought the lawn and the lawn won!"

Shaking my head in amazement at the twisted crap my mind comes up with.

Whew, with the one chapter of the WIP that I've written so far today, I managed to push some serious boundaries in what might be termed a sex scene--while also diving face-first into a frigid bath of cosmic horror.

***EDIT*** I'm still so confused about that scene that I posted a 3.6K excerpt so other people can weigh in on said scene. The middle "Playing Doctor" section contains said scene, for the curious. Those sections form a relatively self-contained horror arc, so I stuck them all together for the excerpt.
    Last edited by seigfried007; August 26th, 2019 at 11:35 PM.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Crying over a cavity. Dentist won't do anything about it--for years now--because my blood pressure's too high. Nevermind that essential hypertension often doesn't respond to treatment all that well.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Wondering if I'm exorcising my demons or exercising them.
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Trying to make friends here. And building up courage to crit someone's work. Both made more difficult by my social anxiety (yay, crippling self-doubt!). Music helps.

Reading newspapers since nothing happens around my house. Also I am researching to put that into scrivener when the time is right. I am starting to make a small collection of articles which I hope helps me. I found out there are some good free newspapers, since I don't intend on paying for something especially when I have them for free. Plus I have a hard time coming up with real events to inspire me. I can use the imagination and do a parody of a news report to lie about it. But spent most of today giving the finishing touches to a story I wrote.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrTrailblazer View Post
    Trying to make friends here. And building up courage to crit someone's work. Both made more difficult by my social anxiety (yay, crippling self-doubt!). Music helps.
    Hop to it. The problem isn't people critting--it's people not critting. You can learn from giving and receiving anyway, so do plenty of both. If someone's going to be a jerk, just don't crit them again. Or you can look for people who give the sort of advice you want to get, and stick to critting them. Everyone's at a different stage regarding criticism, and all perspectives on a story should be appreciated. Most everyone here at least has the decency to thank you for reading, so jump in.

Welcome aboard, by the way
    --adrianhayter

--Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Hop to it. The problem isn't people critting--it's people not critting. You can learn from giving and receiving anyway, so do plenty of both. If someone's going to be a jerk, just don't crit them again. Or you can look for people who give the sort of advice you want to get, and stick to critting them. Everyone's at a different stage regarding criticism, and all perspectives on a story should be appreciated. Most everyone here at least has the decency to thank you for reading, so jump in.

Welcome aboard, by the way
    Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to do just that. Guess "jumping in the deep end" is the best way to get started here. Sink or swim.