Preparing a BOOK PROPOSAL will help your Marketing Efforts!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Preparing a BOOK PROPOSAL will help your Marketing Efforts!

Lightbulb Preparing a BOOK PROPOSAL will help your Marketing Efforts!

PRO TIP:
    Writing an appealing book is critical for book sales. To ensure that your book is appealing to its target audience, I recommend preparing a book proposal well before you finalize the manuscript (not afterwards).

For those unfamiliar, a book proposal is typically used by nonfiction authors to pitch their future book to traditional publishers. However, the marketing benefits of drafting a book proposal apply to BOTH fiction and nonfiction authors. A typical book proposal includes an Overview, Author Bio, Target Audience, Competition, Special Marketing Opportunities, Manuscript Specifications, Outline, and Sample Chapters.

The first 5 sections provide the following marketing benefits:

Overview – helps you create an elevator pitch and select a book title/subtitle that maximizes the book’s visibility

Author Bio – helps you identify relevant credentials for promotional purposes (to be included on the back cover and in the Amazon listing)

Target Audience - helps to ensure the book is written to fulfill the needs/desires of its intended readers and focus your marketing efforts on the readers most likely to purchase the book

Competition - helps you design your cover to look appropriate for its genre, set your book’s pricing to be competitive, and identify key authors and book titles in your genre to be used as keywords for future Amazon ads.

Special Marketing Opportunities – helps you design a marketing plan and identify unique ways to reach your target audience.

The remaining 3 sections help you pursue a traditional publishing deal or seek agent representation, but are not useful for purposes of marketing your self-published book.

To help you draft a book proposal, I recommend reading The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published by Arielle Eckstut. I hope this marketing tip helps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stack of old books_pixabay 05182019.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	23760

Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Great post.