A History of The World! - Page 5

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A History of The World!

Quote Originally Posted by epimetheus View Post
    Next year? By the time you write and publish any story that is going to be wrong, making your story alternative history rather than straight sci-fi - which might be what you want?

I thought Tolkien built his worlds first then created a story within them? I don't think there's a right or wrong way of world building (within extreme parameters); there's the risk of boring with world details whichever way (The Similarion anyone?). Maybe that risk is higher for worlds built first (does any collate stats on these things?), but there are precedents for popular stories either
    Dafont Showbox Adam4adam way.

With many computer games now emphasising world building I wonder whether there is a generational divide in this too?

Does anyone know how Terry Pratchett built his worlds and stories? One of my favourite world builds.
    Tolkien made the elvish language first - he was etymologist and appreciated the way toward making a language without any preparation - he at that point composed the story as a spot to utilize the elvish language
    Last edited by klimbo; May 22nd, 2019 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klimbo View Post
    Tolkien made the elvish language first - he was etymologist and appreciated the way toward making a language without any preparation - he at that point composed the story as a spot to utilize the elvish language
    Omg... look if you guys want to discuss Tolkien and the elvish language please create a new thread about it.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345