What to do if your book is PLAGIARIZED!!!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: What to do if your book is PLAGIARIZED!!!

Lightbulb What to do if your book is PLAGIARIZED!!!

Here's a helpful article for anyone wondering what to do if your book is plagiarized...

https://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com/...to-do.html?m=1
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

I saw all this break with Nora and the others. I can't beieve the author got away with it. But Romance can be an easy target for it. With the last one prior to this, the author just changed the love pairing of the mc's from MF to MM. It gets maddening, but also stupid because romance has such a wide reader base, and readers will notice. It can become a nightmare to sort out. Nora and the others went through some right grief with theirs.

I rather like my own course of action. I can't offer details, but it generally involves three or four of my old Special Forces buddies, a wide-open field, and a bulldozer.
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Put some part of your written text of your book on plagiarism checker and if somebody has copied it then it would show you. Even stealing idea or concept comes in plagiarism so if you have registered your content first then you can claim your copyright on the generated content. On web everything goes but in research journals and books plagiarism is punished.

FYI: Plagiarism and copyright are two different concepts. Plagiarism means taking someone else's work and passing it off as your own. You can avoid plagiarism by giving credit for someone else's work that you cite in your book, but even if you give credit you can still commit copyright infringement if you copy their work without their permission.

Copyright does NOT protect ideas, only their expression (how you word it).
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

You can make a workable silencer out of a pop bottle.

MacGyver anyone?
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)