Myths, Monsters, & Magic!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myths, Monsters, & Magic!

Blog Entries

Myths, Monsters, & Magic!

This is were we are going to discuss the various creatures that inhabit the new era of earth. This is by no means a complete list of creatures but it will be good for now.

Dragons, These beings are a genetic experiment that was created by The Society of Science, a rogue sect of scientific cultists hell bent on creating hideous monstrosities that will do only there bidding. This is but one creation of many at there disposal.

Ghouls, These once human beingsnow live underground feasting on the flesh of those they drag down into there subterainian home. Centuries of living underground and subsisting on the flesh and blood of others has caused all traces of humanity to be lost to those who call the underground home.

Beast Folk, These creatures are a race of human animal hybrids that have been living in the new era for quite some time. Some of them have the ability to morph into a more human form allowing them to blend in with the normal human settlements scattered through out the world.

Undead, These beings are nothing more than the lifeless husks of cyberneticly enhanced beings who have died but do to a nano infection there cybernetics have restarted and forced there bodies to do as the nanites command.

Golems, These hulking monstrosities of metal are all that's left from the previous centuries past. They are not to smart and only follow basic commands. They have to be used sparingly in order to not consume there limited battery life.

Dryads, These beings are an experiment gone wrong. They are a grotesque fusion of plant and man. Some are more human than plant and vice versa. They have an abnormal amount of strength and a rapid healing factor that makes them extremely resilient to damage especially when they are in direct sunlight. It is best to use fire to dispatch them.

Myths of The Old World.

Much of the old world knowledge has been shrouded in myth and legend. There is a huge repository of knowledge being passed on as nothing more than legends about everything from guns to nukes.

Magic of The New Era.

The Magic of the new era is nothing more than a combination of psychic abilities and nanotechnology mixing together to form an illusion of magical powers.
    Last edited by Rojack79; May 21st, 2019 at 12:25 AM.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

Science builds mythological creatures. I did something like that a while ago. I even had a fairy story hook.

It is fun to work out how to do it.
    Best of luck... er, BoL Dude
    BC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    Science builds mythological creatures. I did something like that a while ago. I even had a fairy story hook.

It is fun to work out how to do it.
    Best of luck... er, BoL Dude
    BC
    Thanks. I can't wait to get started on my VR & AR technology for this series. That'll begin a whole new slew of interesting stories.

Blog Entries
    I used a version of Sasquatch in my latest book. The Thunderbird of Indian lore was a late arrival. I created something called a cave gargoyle--a nasty winged critter. I have a version of Gendal (sp?) the giant, only I've renamed her.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson View Post
    I used a version of Sasquatch in my latest book. The Thunderbird of Indian lore was a late arrival. I created something called a cave gargoyle--a nasty winged critter. I have a version of Gendal (sp?) the giant, only I've renamed her.
    is it Gendal? I thought it was Grendal? Hmm. That sound awesome. Where might I procure one of these books for reading if you don't mind me asking?

Blog Entries
    You're totally correct. It is Grendal! I called my female giant Brendal. I also have a smattering of ice age mammals in the mix. What I had to do was come up with creatures that would inhabit a dream catcher world of nightmares. I had to think of what might have terrified Native American Indians and other POC.

Thanks, Rojack, the link is here: https://www.amazon.com/Screamcatcher...s&sr=1-1-spell

But forget buying one. You can check the cover, blurb and sample the chapter. I'll pop an ecopy your way. I'll give away free copies to anyone here who wants one, for that matter. I only ask for a review, if possible.

Creating hybrid creatures is fun too. I think that by the time J.K. Rowling was done with her series, she was "monstered" out. I was monstered out after my little trilogy.
    Last edited by velo; May 19th, 2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Removed personal email

Blog Entries
    You're totally correct. It is Grendal! I called my female giant Brendal. I also have a smattering of ice age mammals in the mix. What I had to do was come up with creatures that would inhabit a dream catcher world of nightmares. I had to think of what might have terrified Native American Indians and other POC.

Thanks, Rojack, the link is here: https://www.amazon.com/Screamcatcher...s&sr=1-1-spell

But forget buying one. You can check the cover, blurb and sample the chapter. I'll pop an ecopy your way. I'll give away free copies to anyone here who wants one, for that matter. I only ask for a review, if possible.

Creating hybrid creatures is fun too. I think that by the time J.K. Rowling was done with her series, she was "monstered" out. I was monstered out after my little trilogy.
    All right! I'm at work at the moment so I'll have to give you my info at my lunch break. I can't wait to read this!
    Last edited by Squalid Glass; May 20th, 2019 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Edited the quoted post

Blog Entries
    All right I just gave you a follow on Amazon.

Blog Entries
    Cool, Rojack.

I did do a human/dire wolf hybrid, in kind of a similar fashion to Jurassic Park. But it was a triple-birth mess, with a pure bred dire wolf, the human/wolf hybrid and then a grotesque monster. A big 5 pub asked for a werewolf story that was totally out of the box. They didn't take it because it was too far out of the box, but another publisher snapped it up. You can also do some really crazy things in SF with nano-bots.

Blog Entries
    Cool, Rojack.

I did do a human/dire wolf hybrid, in kind of a similar fashion to Jurassic Park. But it was a triple-birth mess, with a pure bred dire wolf, the human/wolf hybrid and then a grotesque monster. A big 5 pub asked for a werewolf story that was totally out of the box. They didn't take it because it was too far out of the box, but another publisher snapped it up. You can also do some really crazy things in SF with nano-bots.
    Oh don't worry I have a whole host of crazy creatures in mind for this story. Chimiras, Hydra's, Giants, and plenty of others. I even have a demon in mind that possesses a whole sworm of nanites at some point. So yes this is going to be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast