Arms & Armor of The Future/Past!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Arms & Armor of The Future/Past!

Blog Entries

Arms & Armor of The Future/Past!

This is were we can get together and discuss the various pieces of equipment in the series. Here is a condensed list of the equipment that will be available to the people of the new era,

Powered Armor, basic combat armor of the 22nd-23rd centuries. It I fueled by a combination of micro fusion cells and onboard fusion reactors. It provides a great boost to the wearers reaction time, strength and endurance via a direct interface with the wearers nervous system.

There are going to be several experimental pieces of equipment that I plan on incorporating into the narrative such as a liquid metal armor for the main villain as far as weapons go they'll run the gambit from vibro-blades to thermite slingers. If you guys want a full list of weaponry let me know.
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

I have to admit, Avatar had me rethinking war of the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    I have to admit, Avatar had me rethinking war of the future.
    I have to admit that I didn't quite like Avatar all that much. The story was to predictable for me and they didn't really do anything new with the idea. It was just Pocahontas in space.

The film wasn't worth the hype. But if you try listening to it over headphones it has a fantastic soundtrack. I can't remember much of the story I got hooked on the tech. Reminded me of Starship Troopers, the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    I have to admit that I didn't quite like Avatar all that much. The story was to predictable for me and they didn't really do anything new with the idea. It was just Pocahontas in space.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    The film wasn't worth the hype. But if you try listening to it over headphones it has a fantastic soundtrack. I can't remember much of the story I got hooked on the tech. Reminded me of Starship Troopers, the book.
    Hmm I haven't read the Starship trooper's book yet. Have the movies but not the books. Can't wait to start on the outlines for this series!

There are going to be several experimental pieces of equipment that I plan on incorporating into the narrative such as a liquid metal armor for the main villain...
    Look up "non-Newtonian fluids".
    Most metals are heavy, but a blend with a liquid polymer might work. And sensors that detect an incoming projectile, piezoelectricly hardened armour.
    I don't think you could make reactive armour work for personal use. Unless you're willing to go all "force field" to protect the wearer.
    Micro point-defence lasers / particle beams? Or mini mass drivers?
    Ok, I'll stop now. It's your world. Go build it.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Most metals are heavy, but a blend with a liquid polymer might work. And sensors that detect an incoming projectile, piezoelectricly hardened armour.
    I don't think you could make reactive armour work for personal use. Unless you're willing to go all "force field" to protect the wearer.
    I was going to work with force fields for the protection of the powered armor users.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    You know now that I think about it I was considering a liquid metal armor for the big bad constructed from nanites that harden in response to physical trauma. It would be the most advanced armor of that time and if he combined that with a host of other abilities he'd be a very formidable foe. Man I'm going to love writing him and his fight scenes.