Getting to know you - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting to know you

Quote Originally Posted by luckyscars View Post
    Yeah but what does your mum say about it? That's the thing isn't it?
    I canít speak for everyone elseís mom but mine...letís just say she read 50 shades twice. I never got into it but that didnít stop her from telling me all about it. Awkward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ms.carterr View Post
    This may be a silly question but Iíve always wondered if the video games branded under Tom Clancy have anything to do with his actual work? My partner is mildly obsessed with the new Tom Clancy Division game and every time I see the name I immediately think of the author lol.
    Yes, sort of. As well as being a writer, Tom Clancy was a well-known media whore who sold the rights to his name to Ubisoft to make games loosely based on some of his novel series (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, etc).

However, these days the only real link between these video games and Clancy's work are in shared thematic elements; including such cerebral topics such as the consummate bastardry of anything Russian, the musical poetry of flash-bang grenades, and the grand hegemonic virtues of the U.S Military Industrial complex.
    Deactivated due to staff trolling. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by ms.carterr View Post
    This may be a silly question but Iíve always wondered if the video games branded under Tom Clancy have anything to do with his actual work? My partner is mildly obsessed with the new Tom Clancy Division game and every time I see the name I immediately think of the author lol.
    Tom Clancy founded a company (Red Storm Entertainment) that produced some of the early games, starting with the original Rainbow Six (based on the book). I believe some of his novels and experiences were the basis for the video game franchise, as they are all military or counter-insurgency based. I've always been a fan of his games (especially Rainbow Six, and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2).

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by luckyscars View Post
    Yeah but what does your mum say about it? That's the thing isn't it?
    Lol. My dad's wicked about it. My sisters are utter jackasses, though. I'm the youngest of four, and one of my eldest renewed her wedding vows two weeks ago (her husband has terminal cancer). Her husband is Scottish, so along with all the kilts, they did this Celtic rope binding: a very literal tying of the knot with three sets of long silk, but not before someone shouted "Eh up, we're going Fifty Shades, lads", then my sister threw me a "Jack, stop taking notes... I know this will end up in one of yours."

Family... yeah, blood's thicker than water, but at least you can thin that blood out with alcohol. Lots of it, with my lot -- especially when they get together, lol.

But to be honest, with the BDSM mixed with everything else, it's only part of what's going on in the story, and I like the mind-play more than the usual tools of the lifestyle.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Blog Entries
    Peggy Carter? Or, do you go by Margaret still? Steve Rodgers said he was going back to visit. I hope you made the time for him.
    (If you are not a Marvel fan, that probably made no sense)

Per your OP, I write and primarily read non-fiction. I love history / alternative history. I read science and politics, but write mainly about current events and practical living.
    I'm a real "dirt under the nails" kinda guy. Despite how my mind wanders, it's always back to the basics for me.

There's a lot of smart folks here. A few that are knowledgeable. And a handful that are wise.
    Whatever question you may have, one of us will have an answer.
    Or WF offers a 100% Money Back guarantee. Certain restrictions apply.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234