Getting to know you - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you

I write non-fiction, humor, small town living. Kids, marriage, hobbies. I race motorcycles, track days with my car, ultra marathons. I write for the local paper on occasion, I go with the write what you know philosophy. I think I have over 40 short stories here on this site plus my blogs. The only paranormal stuff I have written about, is A Ghost Story and Terror in the New House. Both are humor pieces both are here on the site. I will check out your work on instagram.

Welcome to the forum...Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    I write non-fiction, humor, small town living. Kids, marriage, hobbies. I race motorcycles, track days with my car, ultra marathons. I write for the local paper on occasion, I go with the write what you know philosophy. I think I have over 40 short stories here on this site plus my blogs. The only paranormal stuff I have written about, is A Ghost Story and Terror in the New House. Both are humor pieces both are here on the site. I will check out your work on instagram.

Welcome to the forum...Bob
    Motorcycles are awesome. I grew up hanging around a local drag strip on the weekends. I always loved watching the motorcycles and dragsters face off even though my ears hated it lol. Iíll definitely have to check out your work. Anyone that can incorporate humor into a paranormal piece is okay in my book

Nice to Ďmeetí you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but for a serious answer to the status....i try to write literature, but it tends to always come out so dark that it gets classified as horror.
    pretty much everything i write gets published by someone. but really hoping to score an agent with the novel i'm working on now. if this
    one don't score an agent? i might just consider giving up writing altogether. i find the process too much of a personal torment to continue
    it while not moving up the ladder.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ms.carterr View Post
    Hey guys, I wanted to take a moment to get to know some of you a little. What genres do you guys write? What do you like to read? Have a favorite book or author?
    Hi ms and welcome

I mainly write poetry and creative nonfiction. As for fiction, I've written a book but it's still only first draft.

My pet hate as a reader is fantasy and scifi. I much prefer real life dramas such as romance, courtroom dramas, action or creative memoirs etc. I'll basically read anything however diverse.

Favorite authors: Judi Picolout, John Grisham and Fern Britton.
    Favourite book
    A Thousand Splendid Suns is a 2007 novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. He also wrote the Kite Runner

Currently reading Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

How about you?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Hi ms and welcome

I mainly write poetry and creative nonfiction. As for fiction, I've written a book but it's still only first draft.

My pet hate as a reader is fantasy and scifi. I much prefer real life dramas such as romance, courtroom dramas, action or creative memoirs etc. I'll basically read anything however diverse.

Favorite authors: Judi Picolout, John Grisham and Fern Britton.
    Favourite book
    A Thousand Splendid Suns is a 2007 novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Hosseini. He also wrote the Kite Runner

Currently reading Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

How about you?
    I love poetry. Itís definitely one of my favorite forms of art. Iíve written a few things here and there but Iím far from a poet lol. I do enjoy others works though. Milk and honey is one of my favorites just because itís so simple yet real. Plus Rupi Kaur seems like an amazing person. As far as books itís really hard to pick although The Shack is pretty high on my list. Right now Iím not reading anything. I find while Iím writing It helps to keep my focus strictly on that. Once Iím finished with my WIP thatíll change.

Thanks for sharing. Itís nice hearing from other writers

I am an admitted romance junkie, (come by it honestly), third generation. My mum got me hooked on Georgette Heyer in 5th grade. E. L. James is a demon plague on the genre. History, psychology, medicine, science, anthropology, archaeology, reference...I read voraciously. Poetry, I'm more inclined to the classics. Fiction, same thing classic authors...Patterson gives me hives. Fantasy and science fiction fiend. Yes, there is a difference in the genres. Picture books are a guilty pleasure. Graphic novels, also a treat that gets short shrift.

Writing, a fusion of what I read. Paranormal romance and nonsensical poetry.

- D.
    Last edited by Darkkin; May 3rd, 2019 at 07:39 PM.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I read a pretty wide variety--comic books, picture books and children's fiction (Junie B. Jones!!), theology, Westerns, lyrical poetry, fantasy and science fiction... My favorite author of all time is G. K. Chesterton, and favorite book right now is probably The Man Who Was Thursday or Descent Into Hell.

I write a lot of poetry, and right now I'm working on a fiction project (supernatural horror), too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowInTheBowOfTheLord View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I read a pretty wide variety--comic books, picture books and children's fiction (Junie B. Jones!!), theology, Westerns, lyrical poetry, fantasy and science fiction... My favorite author of all time is G. K. Chesterton, and favorite book right now is probably The Man Who Was Thursday or Descent Into Hell.

I write a lot of poetry, and right now I'm working on a fiction project (supernatural horror), too.
    Your style sounds like itís right up my alley. I write poetry as well although Iím not the best. I mainly use it to test out my creativity and have a little fun from time to time. Best of luck to you, hope all goes well with your current project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I write mystery, suspense and general creepy woo. Occasionally some science fiction.

I have tried to expand lately.

I write mostly short stories a couple of which have been in the workshop and LM lately.
    Deactivated due to staff trolling. Bye!

I've written science fiction (space opera), horror, crime-thriller, and am trying my hand at YA right now. I love reading epic fantasy like Wheel of Time and crime-thriller/mystery thriller. I used to devour Star Wars novels but I find the current crop to be lacking in something, or perhaps I've just lost my interest in Star Wars novels. I occasionally enjoy a romance book here or there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast