The 6:45 - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 6:45

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by dannyboy strong work - and the delusion we sometimes carry - the internal picture compared to the truth.
    Thank you, Danny. Yes, that internal picture dived into - like going down the rabbit hole. This poem was intended to be a kind of dark "Walter Mitty".

"There are two kinds of light-
    the glow that illuminates and
    the glare that obscures" James Thurber
    “The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot.”
    Andre Breton

Great poem, Laurie. Reminds me when back in the day I road the bus to work; the experience led me to my first novel and more than one poem. One young man, obvious from his herky-jerky movements, must have had some kind of medical condition yet road the bus daily, always had a smile on his face and friendly and couldn't help but ponder on his situation. I not only wrote a poem but put him as a character in my novel. People watching is still on my agenda.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"If it weren't for sin, what would we write about?"

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Midnightpoet Great poem, Laurie. Reminds me when back in the day I road the bus to work; the experience led me to my first novel and more than one poem. One young man, obvious from his herky-jerky movements, must have had some kind of medical condition yet road the bus daily, always had a smile on his face and friendly and couldn't help but ponder on his situation. I not only wrote a poem but put him as a character in my novel. People watching is still on my agenda.
    Tony, I always love the stories you share. And this one especially!

When working in Manhattan, I rode the bus to work. Every morning there was a young woman (about my age, then). She was always dressed in a black sheath and with a black cloth she'd sniff glue from. She'd rant at all the passengers about corrupt society...up in this person's or that person's face.

I eventually wrote an allegorical short story about her, titled "The Glue Lady of Second Avenue". I gave her a happy ending. And for the life of me I cannot find it. Now, you've given me incentive to go at it and find her!

Thanks, Tony
    Andre Breton

Good poem!!

All it takes is
    the 6:45
    to feel almost whole

could you explain this part more?

Blog Entries
    Whoahhhh! A question left unanswered - I must have been away, Jing Joy, when you posted. So sorry, but here it is -
    All it takes is
    the 6:45
    to feel almost whole

could you explain this part more?
    The man commutes back and forth from home to work on a train everyday. During his one hour traveling each night after, let's say, working a menial job he spends this precious time alone away from ungratifying work and home life, imagining himself to be someone he is not. Someone who is whole - repleate with confidence. All it takes for this man to have this imagining is that one hour train ride which departs at 6:45 pm.

If you have any questions or more, just shoot! And welcome to WF! Laurie
    Andre Breton

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!
    i see the horse!
    i see the tomato!
    i see the clock become tears upon branch!
    but this,
    this IS!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Familiar strangers
    look right through him
    though not as through a keyhole
    which holds promise of
    forbidden mystery
    but as if through a cloud
    self-distracted and somehow blind.

Blog Entries
    Hi, -xXx-. Able to get back to you today. Sorry for the delay. Love your reference to Dali! You quoted the gist of reality... Thanks! Laurie
    Andre Breton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12