My manuscript has been requested. Should I inform other agents?

Thread: My manuscript has been requested. Should I inform other agents?

My manuscript has been requested. Should I inform other agents?

Good news. My manuscript has been requested by a literary agency. (A pretty big one too )

My question - Should I inform the other agencies I've emailed that this has happened?

Has there been an offer of representation? If you've submitted to agents who allow simultaneous submissions (most do, the rare few don't), then you should only really tell others if you are offered representation or if an agent says they'd like to look at the script on an exclusive basis only. Having a request to look at your script isn't an offer yet, and if they've not offered to rep you, I'd just carry on what you're doing and wait to see if you get an offer, before contacting anyone else. Just make sure you've done your research on the agents and that they are the best at what they do.

But congratulations on getting the request!!!

No, you do not need to notify any of those agents.

Thank you all for the advice. It may all come to nothing but it's flattering to know that my work warrents a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R Steiner View Post
    Thank you all for the advice. It may all come to nothing but it's flattering to know that my work warrents a second look.
    It's a very good boost! Enjoy it!

Blog Entries
    No need to inform them unless you have a solid offer. I wouldn't even notify others if the present agent requested an R & R. Good luck with the big one, though!
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content