Ebook to Audio - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ebook to Audio

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo View Post
    We're up to chapter 18 now, so roughly about halfway through the novel. I had a call from the narrator yesterday, mostly to sort out over the phone how one particular character needed portraying. It's funny what you expect, but I thought he'd read an extract over the phone. Instead, he shifted and changed his voice on speck with no prompt, using different ones until I heard what I was after. It was really something to hear over the phone. I just wish I could take this chap to the author meets so he could do the readings lol. Might look weird stuffed into my suitcase, though...
    Hmmm, but you can let him know of the events, conferences, etc., you are attending
    author/writer/desktop publisher

Smashwords: Hidden Content
    Barnes & Noble: Hidden Content
    The Write Place:
    Hidden Content
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Twitter: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo View Post
    And the 3rd audio also went out yesterday!

I think the only issue I've found lately with ACX distribution is that likes of Audible etc never give you a publishing date, so it's always very last minute. Most times readers in the audio group I use know about the release before I do, and that's a little unnerving, lol.

But the series is getting there, and I quite like the cover range with them: ebook, paperback, audio. I've just got to finish the foreign language translations, and I'm happy.
    Aquillo:

I am enjoying this thread.

It has been interesting to hear about everyone's experiences with audiobooks.

Like you, I am exploring all the various formats for a "story." I had my eBook translated and it was a great experience and she did a good job at a quite reasonable price. Working on a audiobook at the moment but no updates, yet. In the far future, I hope for a comic book and a radio drama, we'll see.....
    author/writer/desktop publisher

Smashwords: Hidden Content
    Barnes & Noble: Hidden Content
    The Write Place:
    Hidden Content
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Twitter: Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234