Ebook to Audio - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebook to Audio

It might have been hard work but judging by the results it seemed to be worthwhile. What a great idea!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    It might have been hard work but judging by the results it seemed to be worthwhile. What a great idea!
    They're a good source for renewing interest, Pip! I mean, considering the audio is new, but the novel itself had been seven years already, they're good numbers for a 2nd edition renewal of the series via audio. If authors can find these takeovers in their genre, it's a great way to get to know readers and promote. I just steer away from mentioning politics in a way, lol!
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

I wonder how many other WF authors have tried this approach.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I didn't realise at the time, but Don't was put up for an Audio of the month poll -- and we won!

Love Bytes Reviews: Audio Book of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    I wonder how many other WF authors have tried this approach.
    It surprises me how many authors haven't, Pip!

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

So I've just had my first payment from ACX that covers a month's sale. I'm happy so far. Still new territory with working out promo etc, but if I could keep my narrator, I would. He's such a pleasure to work with!!!!!
    Last edited by Aquilo; August 1st, 2019 at 03:09 AM.

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

The sequel to my first audio went out about 2 weeks ago, and the 3rd has been recorded, it just needs editing. That's a cracking turnround timeframe. Dan's also working with other authors, so meeting this turnaround time is... damn good.

The sequel, Antidote, is always a concern no matter which medium it goes out in. It's the darkest of the series and is make or break with some readers. There are scenes in that where I didn't like myself as a writer, added to Dan's scope with voices and just what he does with my antagonists' voices... it makes it doubly hard on the reader. I did ask Dan to add a content warning at the beginning of the audio. Audio's a really different outlet, and some who aren't familiar with the series are picking it up for the 1st time *winces*. If they don't have the ebbok or paperback, those warnings aren't clear.

Sales are good with the sequel, though, and (touch wood) I've not had anyone throw anything at me. Always a plus!

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Well, that's the 3rd novel in the series all done and submitted to ACX today. It should be live on audio in two weeks. Dan's been really fantastic, even giving me a gorgeous Sean Bean voice for one of my main secondary characters!

I'm just in the process of sorting the 4th novel with Dan. This changes the pov of the series, moving from 1st into 3rd limited. So where it was previously narrated in my two main MC povs, it now shifts to my 3rd MC and an unspecified narrator.

I like the staggered approach with marketing audio, hitting one or two places to start off with, then another couple a week or so later, just so that I don't swamp readers. It seems to work too; it's just knowing where to hit.

No issues *touch wood* as of yet.

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

And Breakdown went out yesterday!

Dan's also worked a few chapters of Backlash, the next one in the series, and the change from 1st to 3rd is breathtaking. The differences between 1st/3rd pov choices are never more distinct than when on audio.

I think the only issue I've found lately with ACX distribution is that likes of Audible etc never give you a publishing date, so it's always very last minute. Most times readers in the audio group I use know about the release before I do, and that's a little unnerving, lol.

But the series is getting there, and I quite like the cover range with them: ebook, paperback, audio. I've just got to finish the foreign language translations, and I'm happy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newaudio.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	24524
    Last edited by Aquilo; September 21st, 2019 at 09:26 PM.

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123