I keep dropping things. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I keep dropping things.

Blog Entries
    Chromosomes, and other stuff:

One of the abiding memories of my teen years at school was constantly hearing teachers harping on about posture. I can almost hear my old P.E. teacher chastising some poor unfortunate as I type, " stand up stray boy " he'd command, or should the be demand? "Stop slouching". He was always so cheerful, bright and breezy, and so fit of course. Who needs it? Well? We did I suppose. And only now, this morning, as I set out for my bus to go shopping, did I realise and appreciate the importance of what he was trying tell us.

Often, when I've had a couple of night's sleep at the weekend, and am setting out for the Monday shop, I find myself thinking about not only WHERE I am, but HOW I am. When I left home this morning a cold sun was shining in a clear watery-blue sky and a wind was blowing. Not exactly gale-force but it WAS, to say the least, bracing. And that alone had me straightening my back and my line of vision. Then, I found myself thinking about my general health and fitness. I've heard so many stories over the years how many of my contemporaries have suffered with their health. Some having died early, too too early and yet, here am I, with shopping-list backpack and tote-bag in attendance, heading out to an Asda store some five or six miles away to load myself up with supplies and haul them back in readiness for the start of another week. And what a week.

I KNOW, for sure, that there are people out there, half my age,who would not even contemplate going through what I do every night just to GET to work. Let alone DO my job.They just wouldn't. It's not for the faint-hearted. So there, I've said it. I must have something about me. Health, strength, stamina, and above all, I think, resilience.I have a job to do, a wage to earn, and I soldier on doggedly. I get it done. Okay, I might not be the most produtive worker there but I keep going and they keep on paying me, there is no room for jockeys, and I DO wonder about that.

How much longer can I go on? How much more can this old bod take? I try to look after myself, I eat well I think. I DO cut loose at the weekends with the booze but I'm no sot. I enjoy a mug or two but really is it. Not so much with a view to living a long life but to just help my body see out the rest of my working life which, ironically, probably, will contribute to a longer healthier life and that IS a worry. When you're young and healthy, with no obvious cause or concern regarding life expectancy, it all seems so easy doesn't it but now, as I seem to be striding through my sixties, coasting almost, without getting into any sort of a lather. It looks as though my card is marked for a long one, it's all in the genes I suppose, chromosomes and whatever else. You might say that I've been lucky but I HAVE been cautious. Never the one for taking chances, but at my age there are so many things that could strike me down at a minutes notice and that scares the hell out of me.

How many times have we heard of people saying " it was such a shock, he was as strong as an ox. The life and soul..." More often than not nowadays I find myself nodding off on the bus coming home in the mornings and I can understand a bus-driver's reluctance to disturb me from my slumbers. Maybe one of these days... I rather like that thought and maybe, just maybe. I'm smiling now.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

my apologies at the delay.

some dawgs took down one of my preferred accesses today.

consider this a pseudoinlieuof rep(s) response.

I now stand by the thought that you have much to say even more.

your language is the language of a writer,
    rich and full.

what is it like to work nights?
    as an introvert, certain aspects may seem to be a good fit.
    hopefully those you interact with at work
    you have some commonality with.
    this is an area where your experience
    can really broaden other's understanding.

pops and snaps are, well, just a thing.
    i'm looking forward to your next installment.
    maybe your equipment will cooperate.

"I'm smiling now."
    me too!

Blog Entries
    xXx,
    I've had router problems all day. It's working at the moment. I don't know when my next bill is due but when it comes I shall probably cancel. I can't handle disruption.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

*starts building satellite out of paperclips*
    *discarded 2 liter bottles*
    *and a lego kit*
    *a really gooooood lego kit*

Sorry, late to the party. I was out of town.

dither, I really like the fact that you swear. I think more people should. Not as a crutch, or as a substitute for proper grammar. Sometimes it just makes sense.
    Keeping stuff in is never good. If you feel good, show it. If you feel frustrated, vent. If you feel like swearing, you probably should.
    You swing away at life until your knuckles bleed. She swings back. The bell rings. Then it's another day.

I bang myself up at work fairly regularly. Luckily, I work mostly alone and can let the expletives rip. I hear it releases endorphins or some such nonsense.

Celebrate the wins, bitch about the losses. Keep being genuine.
    (Just focus more on the former. I'm betting there is more good around you than you see.)
    And keep swinging.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

This is posted (properly I submit) in a critique board, but I don't really see that it needs much at this point. Maybe use the advanced box to check over for missing and (spell-checker) changed words. Just to get the habit. All I really want to say is that I'm reading these with interest. I find them worthwhile if still a bit preliminary and if to be writing is the purpose, then I'd suggest that slowly building up word-count-muscles is the immediate goal. I will keep reading the entries as they appear.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Blog Entries
    That's one helluva compliment ppsage.
    Trouble is, I'm one very tired old man nowadays and very little gets the juices flowing.
    Confidence and courage would be a start.

Also,
    I'd hate to churn out a load of rubbish, that is what most of my attempts are anyway. I do want to try though, really I do.

Thanks for the post ppsage.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

I recommend getting rid of all the furniture and just staying on the floor because you can't really drop things then, or not very far anyway. Also, people are complicated so getting a cat might be better, as a starting place at least. Your kitty always loves you. Or when it doesn't, it's funny. Damn, why am I not a life coach?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123