BOOK SALES so far this year?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOOK SALES so far this year?

Question BOOK SALES so far this year?

How are your TOTAL SALES so far this year?Mine are slightly down (8% less) for 1st Qtr 2019 vs. same period last year.Only my audiobook sales saw an increase this year.

In case anyone iscurious, here’s a breakdown of my 1Q2019 sales by format:
    ppk 56%
    eBook 29%
    audio 14%
    hard cover 1%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Q2019 Book Sales by Format.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	23528
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

My sales are fast approaching the bottom of the curve. I think I'm making more money on KU-KOLL than on book sales.

Seems like the only way to keep sales high is to publish a new book every 3 months and market 24x7.

Glad to hear you are making decent $ in KU-KOLL. Wish I could say the same. I finally put my first 2 books into KU-KOLL a few months ago and will put my 3rd book into it later this week. Thus far, my page reads in KU-KOLL have not been impressive...getting maybe 1k page reads a month (give or take). That low seems low to me. I'm guessing that KU-KOLL is better suited for fiction books rather than nonfiction books like mine. In any case, I'll give it a while longer to see how it goes before I decide whether to stay in KU-KOLL or go back to wide distribution.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

I think the main reason I make any money in KU-KOLL is my reviews.
    There is a lotta felgerkarb in KU-KOLL, and I mean some books that actually introduce a malodorous scent to their environment.
    So readers there are hungry for anything that isn't complete crap.

But you may be right about non-fiction; KOLL may not be the place for it. Dunno, never tried anything but fiction.

Here is a great graph of the sales arc that I talk about with books.
    You quickly climb to apogee, then start to fall back to earth.
    I stretched this curve by releasing 2 books a month apart.
    The first book helped to sell the 2nd, and vice versa.
    But in the end, gravity will win, and sales will taper somewhere just above zero.
    Even Rowling & King have to contend with the arc...they just have much bigger arcs.

Ha! I defy that curve. Planet X books sell steadily with the peak coming a month or so after launch, when the reviews start coming in on genre blogs. Our charity anthos actually got to four figures and we were able to contribute a few hundred to the cause. The second book still outsells the rest of the catalogue. It's just weird.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Ralph,
    Not sure why, but I only see an "X" in a box where your graph is posted.

Mike
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Hidden Content

I suspect that my things sell so few copies that they do not so much have legs as feet below their knees. We just saw another updraft for a few days -- I've been combing to see if it is a review-driven augmentation, or something generated by a podcast. A wave of paperback sales will run through the entire catalogue, last for about a week, and then the steady trickle of ebook sales keeps up.
    In our world, a couple hundred copies of an original anthology is a good sales figure. We shot for five as a break-even. Each one of the seven books has exceeded that figure. Two of them have surpassed that projection in paperback sales.
    That sounds promising as hell until you break it down to about four sales a day, and not being a pro market (fixed figures). So perspective matters.
    That house is also closing as of the end of 2019, with my new one starting soon, with a monthly book/chapbook and two original anthos. Kickstarter will determine how much of the budget is going to be from sales of my own books...'before Crazytown', a six-year-old chapbook I put out as an experiment in formatting, is the only published fiction under my own imprint, and still sells about two copies a day.
    I'll have the sales figures from various permutations of KS levels after the funding runs.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

How do you maintain such a high level of marketing?

It's almost completely word-of-mouth.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast