BOOK SALES so far this year? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOOK SALES so far this year?

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    It's almost completely word-of-mouth.
    This, plus author takeovers on the likes of facebook also do wonders for sales. Get a group of 20 authors in the same genre, 30 minute slots in one group, a mix of readers from each author, then promotional opportunities can be really good. Most authors offer giveaways and play a lot of games, so it's good fun for readers.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

What is an author takeover?
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Does buying followers help promote books?
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    What is an author takeover?
    This is an author takeover:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo View Post
    author takeovers on the likes of facebook.... Get a group of 20 authors in the same genre, 30 minute slots in one group, a mix of readers from each author, then promotional opportunities can be really good. Most authors offer giveaways and play a lot of games, so it's good fun for readers.
    If an author has a release coming up/cover reveal, they'll invite authors over to their author group to 'takeover' his page and help celebrate.
    Last edited by Aquilo; April 16th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    Does buying followers help promote books?
    It goes against author ethics, like with paid reviews. If you're paying for something, will they be honest with what they say about your work?

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

I was just wondering how sales figures are going for everyone in 2019.

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Thanks for asking. I just checked my sales to date for this year and the total book sales thus far is almost the same (slightly less) as last year's sales through the first 7 months. While I can't complain, I was hoping that this year's total sales would be higher than last year b/c I came out with a new book last December. Unfortunately, the new book is not selling as strong as my other books (but thankfully, my other 2 books are continuing to sell at a decent pace).

How are your sales so far this year?
    Last edited by Mikeyboy_esq; August 15th, 2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add words
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

My sales have been slow since I have not published anything this year yet. Last book tapered in Dec or Jan.
    I hope to bump that up in 3 months when I release the new book. I just bought the cover art and am aiming for a Nov 12th release day.

According to Amazon, I have made a little under $500 since December. Essentially I have been coasting on old books. But for the last 12 months I have made slightly over $1700.
    One book sold, the other flopped like a fish.

I hope the next one will fare better:

Ralph,
    I like your cover... the last line at the bottom cracked me up! Good luck with the new book.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    Thanks for asking. I just checked my sales to date for this year and the total book sales thus far is almost the same (slightly less) as last year's sales through the first 7 months. While I can't complain, I was hoping that this year's total sales would be higher than last year b/c I came out with a new book last December. Unfortunately, the new book is not selling as strong as my other books (but thankfully, my other 2 books are continuing to sell at a decent pace).

How are your sales so far this year?
    I think it's been tough for most, Mickey!

I went self-pub Feb 28th, and then have only had 2nd edition releases, no new releases due to catching up with getting work back out there since my rights reversal.

Sales have been okay: thank you for asking. I'm averaging £600 a month, with last month having my first audio release too, so £1200 for that month. KU has come in really well, especially for picking up new readers, but so too has audible, with picking up new listeners. It gets knackering, though, lol! I'd like to see what sales figures are like with a new release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    My sales have been slow since I have not published anything this year yet. Last book tapered in Dec or Jan.
    I hope to bump that up in 3 months when I release the new book. I just bought the cover art and am aiming for a Nov 12th release day.

According to Amazon, I have made a little under $500 since December. Essentially I have been coasting on old books. But for the last 12 months I have made slightly over $1700.
    One book sold, the other flopped like a fish.

I hope the next one will fare better:

That's a cracking cover, Ralph!!!!

Mike Posner.

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast