Which of these titles do you think sounds the best?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of these titles do you think sounds the best?

Which of these titles do you think sounds the best?

I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for to ask this, so if it was the wrong one, I apologize. For my story, which is in this crime thriller genre, which title do you think sounds the best or grabs you, or do I need a new title entirely, do you think?

The Madness Never Stops Policy

In The Mood For Terror

Nihilopolis

Just Another Terror Tale

Just Another Terror Wave

Hi There, I'm brand new to the forum and not sure how qualified I am to give advice, but – from a reader's POV – I like 'Madness Never Stops' ; that is, without the first and last words. I think the word 'just' at the beginning of a title diminishes the work and Nihilopolis is a bit of a mouthful, I'm afraid. Unless one is a masochist, I don't believe anyone is ever in the mood for terror. It's hard to give advice without knowing at least the gist of the story.

Welcome to the forum Jacqui Jay, I would agree with all those points, sensible comments.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I also agree with Jacqui Jay. That would be the best title. None of the other ones, for me, really work.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

I'm inclined to agree with Jacqui Jay (by the way, welcome to the forums!) in their choice of title for your particular piece. I want to add, however, that 'Nihilopolis' could be a good title for a dystopian thriller, and 'Just Another Terror Tale/Wave' might apply to a black comedy ("Nothing to see here!" he says, just as blood seeps through beneath the door). Something to consider for future works, perhaps.

With no context Nihilopolis best catches my imagination.

Is it the one about crooked cops? How about 'Nihilopolice' ?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Ooooooo! That sounds like a race against time set in a sci-fi/apocalyptic/desolate setting though.....
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Well the cops only become crooked in the third act, cause of something that compels them to cross the line, but it's only in the third act though, so would a title like that work if the police were only crooked for the third act, and not the majority?
    Last edited by ironpony; May 7th, 2019 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Carcosan Herald View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Jacqui Jay (by the way, welcome to the forums!) in their choice of title for your particular piece. I want to add, however, that 'Nihilopolis' could be a good title for a dystopian thriller, and 'Just Another Terror Tale/Wave' might apply to a black comedy ("Nothing to see here!" he says, just as blood seeps through beneath the door). Something to consider for future works, perhaps.
    Okay thanks, I intended it to be a black comedic sounding title, but if it sounds underwhelming, than maybe that's bad. As for Nihilopolis sounding like a dystopian thriller, it's set in modern times, and it's basically just a city with a lot of nihilism going on in the plot, but it's modern times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast