What is Wattpad ?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: What is Wattpad ?

Blog Entries

What is Wattpad ?

I've heard that Wattpad is a good place to share parts or all of your works in progress. My questions are:

Is this a site for serious works with intentions towards publication? Is it just another site for fan-fiction / literary RPG like The RPG Organization (my site) and fanfiction net. I've heard about it, have been told it's a good place to share works in progress, but when I look at the site I wonder about the contents / context.

For example- there are a number of stories shared with the same title as one of my series- The Zodiac Chronicles. However, what I can't tell is if they're working towards publication or just writing to write and share (like on The RPG Organization & fanfiction net).

Has anyone had experience with this site? What do you think of it? What's your interpretation of it?
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Are your first rights protected though? Critters workshop is a lot of work but if you get a piece there supposedly you can get twenty reviews. The problem is you need to wait a month, and need to critique non-stop for a month. On top of that they must like your critique. Think 4 critiques to review one story you posted per week, and the critique needs to be if I remember 600 words or more. But you get feedback from published people. If you can tolerate that it may be better than wattpad after you have a finished work like a novel. That and its entirely done by email so first rights of works are protected under that system. That's 24 critiques you need.

I wouldn't post any work in fanficiton.net for concern for first rights, which is as I understand you published first under a company's contract. But I dont know what 1st rights means and admit I need to do more research.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; March 9th, 2019 at 01:39 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    I do appreciate the info on Critters but my question is about wattpad.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content