little fishes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little fishes

little fishes

I once thought about swallowing gold fish.
    Should I feel guilty?
    What had that fish ever done to me?
    But he slid down so easy.
    And like a fart, I couldn't help
    but wait for the wriggle.

That was a jump, I know, but you know
    you can't help but inhale more deeply.
    We're monsters you see
    -doing monstrous things
    to the little fishes
    in the deep blue sea.

hello - I don't know what you're getting at here - but the writing doesn't help....

I once thought about swallowing gold fish. - plural fish
    Should I feel guilty?
    What had that fish ever done to me? - singular fish
    But he slid down so easy. - gender specific? - and the thought is now an act?
    And like a fart, I couldn't help
    but wait for the wriggle. - doesn't relate to a fart - couldn't help/wait.... surprise opposes anticipation -

second verse seems all over the place.......inhale?
    do goldfish live in the deep blue sea?

am I missing something? - please let me know.

perplexed Ned
    Last edited by ned; March 8th, 2019 at 11:16 PM.
    grasp the mettle of things unsaid
    and strike the nail upon the head

Gold fish have a 3 second memory which is all you need to read this....Bob,Bob,bob
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Perplexed ned, this was about whimsical thinking- imagining what it would be like going from the grand subject of live fish swallowing as a whole, to a specific incident, imagined, therefore plural to singular and personal ( in the mind) a he. Farts and fish don't relate but human reactions in anticipation of the dreaded thing, an in-your-belly- still alive fish-wriggle, or the first smelling of the bad smell, and the hyper focusing of ones senses to sense those things are 'like'. I mean, what do you do when someone says 'who farted?' snff- you take a good sniff. I did say it was a jump, which is something like a leap which means you have to go over an empty space to make the landing or the connection. Probably you don't get any of this, and I don't blame you, but I did try.

thanks for trying Kevin -

I'm afraid the explanation only took me deeper into the rabbit hole...

anybody else get this poem?
    grasp the mettle of things unsaid
    and strike the nail upon the head

for me thinking about swallowing the gold fish led to/is connected to thinking about the destruction of the sea life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I once thought about swallowing gold fish. (was a drinking thing in the states)
    Should I feel guilty?
    What had that fish ever done to me? tries guilty
    But he slid down so easy.
    And like a fart, I couldn't help fart as state of mind
    but wait for the wriggle. anticipate imagined response

That was a jump, I know, but you know
    you can't help but inhale more deeply. call it relaxation technique
    We're monsters you see whole section on
    -doing monstrous things new attitudes
    to the little fishes toward normalized behaviors
    in the deep blue sea.
    i think this speaks to frustration
    at suggested change
    and
    comfort
    in returning to routine.
    an acceptance of demonization.

close enough, kevin?

When I saw this thread it made me think about this song:

A literal read is how I wrote it
    Danny, 3x, all- it's not deep. It was a college thing once- swallowing goldfish- to prove ones male audacity ( I think, long time ago) Acceptance of demonization - yes I was thinking that we're pretty much monsters to little creatures from their perspective. That was an afterthought that came as I went through the what if I ate/swallowed a live goldfish scenario.

ned - I know goldfish don't live in the ocean but the lines came off the tongue so sweetly. Whimsy, and
    Ralph-,the last part was something borrowed/stolen from I don't know where... someone somewhere in the past that added deep blue sea for effect.

(edit - I looked it up- says a lyricist-Koehler- from the vaudeville/cotton club, wrote for Cab Calloway; "Between the devil and the deep blue sea"; I've heard that line not knowing it was a song title- Koehler may have got it somewhere else).
    Last edited by Kevin; March 12th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

This poem makes me feel I am that fish ,and to live in the blue sea is the best life style to me. Never be near to those people, maybe they are monsters and wanted to swallow you at any time. It is horrible. At fact, people are fishes in the eyes of God. God decides people's fate , if people cannot decide theirs . Who knows? Do we have blue sea? Do the blue sea is safe as to a fish? Because people is not God .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast