My bad guys need a name - Page 3

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My bad guys need a name

Well, since all of my original suggestions were patently ignored, I suggest you name your bad guys Dave. Every one of them is named Dave. Their leader is Dave the Cat. He likes bits of string and hates the vacuum cleaner. Boom! Done!
    Me: "You know the way a gun barrel tastes?
    Everyone: Uh... No.

No, Dave the Cat is buried under the apple tree in the back garden, he was sixteen and a half kilos of very large black and white cat who used to sleep on his back and snore.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

This is what makes it so surreal....

I like Olly Buckle's suggestion of "The Church" but I just want to see if it can be tweaked a little. What do y'all think of these?:

-The Fold
    -The Basilica
    -The Creed
    -The Chancel
    -The Order
    -The Chapelry
    -The Synod
    -The Quorum
    Somewhere... Beyond the sea...

There's a band called the Church. They own the trademark. I've seen four of the above in various books.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

I love that band, especially their older stuff. "Reptile," was their breakout hit. I remember watching the music video on a huge screen, outside of Shibuya train station, back in 1989/1990, waiting for a girlfriend.

Also, there's a book called, "The Electronic Church," by an author.... Last name of Somers. It's a trilogy, I think. The main character's named Avery Cates. Good cyberpunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcat View Post
    I like Olly Buckle's suggestion of "The Church" but I just want to see if it can be tweaked a little. What do y'all think of these?:

-The Fold
    -The Basilica
    -The Creed
    -The Chancel
    -The Order
    -The Chapelry
    -The Synod
    -The Quorum
    simple is good.
    suspending disbelief is complex
    when
    dealing with emotionally charged material
    and
    those are realtime charges with current impact.

*deleted, 'cuz*
    *leaves <insert laughing here>*

don't forget the natural sacred places
    in your quest.
    monolith?
    incorporeal aspects.
    THOT?
    *nods*
    *could work*
    *could even put candles on top*

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    There's a band called the Church. They own the trademark. I've seen four of the above in various books.
    A band called 'The Church' would surely be an infringement, but I can't see it with a religious group. If in doubt one could add an 'of' as in The Church of Rome, or the C of E.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Trademark ownership is trademark ownership. Add the 'of'. The Church haven't sold an LP in years, they prolly need the money.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Sexist? The Brethren... Ho Brother.

Secretive? The Smoke... Catch me if you can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast