• Games Fat People Play

0 0%
  • Is there a way I can delete my posts?

1 5.00%
  • Look at the stuff I made!

3 15.00%
  • The Stairway in the Stars

2 10.00%
  • We were about to give up and call it a night when somebody threw the girl off the bridge.*

3 15.00%
  • Warden I Want My Own Cell!

4 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Literary Maneuvers March 2019 voting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Maybe another way of viewing it is that most people vote for a prompt that doesn't win, so struggle to find a story to fit an unfavoured prompt
    Yes, I'd say that the number of votes for the winning prompt roughly matches up to the number of entries.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Blog Entries
    This month there are 20 voters so far. As Phil suggests, sometimes I've had an idea but the prompt doesn't win so then I try and think of something for that and it may not work. I've definitely voted and not submitted. I've also submitted and not voted.
    "Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Maybe another way of viewing it is that most people vote for a prompt that doesn't win, so struggle to find a story to fit an unfavoured prompt
    Possibly, possibly! I'd have to go back and see the six-month average for voting to get a better comparison against submissions. But maybe later...too much on my plate today!
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

I'm not a fan of hidden votes. Some months it's easy to see where the vote is heading and I've been known to start on my story before the vote is official. I've also had entries where I've combined the two leaders before voting closes and have had good luck with the results.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I'm not a fan of hidden votes. Some months it's easy to see where the vote is heading and I've been known to start on my story before the vote is official. I've also had entries where I've combined the two leaders before voting closes and have had good luck with the results.
    Yes, here too. And because I knew my schedule would be picking up, I wrote two shorts before the voting for Feb. closed. It was a great amount of fun and now I have an extra short I hadn't planned on writing... although having the extra is a little beside the point here, the point is that I was able to do the work beforehand to fit it around my schedule.

It was also nice brushing it off after not looking at it for three weeks before I turned it in. The time away from it added a fresh perspective.
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12