Science Fiction is Not About Science - Page 11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Science Fiction is Not About Science

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    You met Fossie! I'm sooo jealous.
    I still think Icerigger would make a great movie, and Little Fuzzy.

I will have a crack at a Kung Fu Sci Fi, but it will be a while, I'm trying to get a book published and it is eating nearly all my time. I only pop into WF for a break.
    Good luck with that. I'm doing the same but I allow myself to feel guilty about too-frequent breaks.
    I met him at the end of Duane Eddy's driveway (they're neighbors in Scottsdale). That was a moment to remember, to treasure. I've had a few.
    Kung-Fu Sci-Fi has been done. I have a little bit in my weird western tale, for the weird western book that's due this summer. But it sure ain't common.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

i r haz yur protag:

redefines
    she's cookin'

I have noticed the new trend of trying to make Zombies a bit Sci Fi-ey. A new virus or alien possession. I did have a stab at a Sci Fi Vampire short. Frankenstein is already Sci Fi. How about werewolves?

And scary Sci Fi children, Midwich Cuckoos anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    I have noticed the new trend of trying to make Zombies a bit Sci Fi-ey. A new virus or alien possession. I did have a stab at a Sci Fi Vampire short. Frankenstein is already Sci Fi. How about werewolves?

And scary Sci Fi children, Midwich Cuckoos anyone?
    Shapeshifting has lineage in (mostly entirely unscientific) sci-fi so I guess werewolves wouldn't be a stretch...

The green children of woolpit seemed to me a possible good source for a science fiction take on the creepy-little-kids angle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children_of_Woolpit
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree."

planet x

sci fi western.
    mehbe time travel.
    mehbe found in a mine sumfin.
    mehbe dowsing rod gone bad.
    mehbe transformer steeds.
    mehbe dust from...there.

wide open in big sky country.
    jussayin'

I've a story with the Green Children as a focus. It'll be in a collection next year.
    Dog Soldiers is an sfish take on lycanthropy.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

*that was spooky*
    *even in my world*

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    Kung-Fu Sci-Fi has been done.
    Were these based on Chinese Wu Xia novels, or Western takes on Kung Fu? Any books you could recommend?

I didn't say it was well-done. More like blue rare.
    Hidden Content

I had thought of a time travel brain twister based at Cern. A sort of mind-bending Swiss Fargo.

What I need is a million bucks and to be left in peace.