Finally settled on an idea!

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Finally settled on an idea!

Blog Entries

Finally settled on an idea!

So after spending the last ten years thinking, planning, and researching three separate story ideas I've finally settled on one. I'm going to write a story based in an alternate reality were the various gods and goddesses of myth and legend are real. I have all of the pantheons that I feel comfortable writing about and researching done up the only thing left to do is outline and write up the story. I'm currently working on the prologue and the first five chapters after that. I can't wait!!!
    This might not be my best work but that just means there's room to improve.

Cool. What pantheons you gonna include?

Blog Entries
    Greek, Norse, Hindu, and Egyptian. Those are the four pantheons that take center stage in this saga.

Interesting mix. The Egyptian and Greek pantheons are similar in places but the Hindu quite different. How are you going to mix up the pantheons? Are Helios and Ra going to argue over the sun? Or will Shiva just come along and eat it?

Blog Entries
    I'm actually going to focus on the interactions between the Greek and Norse pantheons first and then introduce the other two slowly over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    Greek, Norse, Hindu, and Egyptian. Those are the four pantheons that take center stage in this saga.
    Glad to see someone else is making use of those old myths and legends.

I've got quite a few of 'em running around my WIP as well.
    ( Most of 'em end up teaching at a college the MC buys, as a cover. )

I also threw a few of the Irish/Gaelic/Celtic folks in there as well.

Btw... I started mine when I was 23. I hope you get finished faster than I have.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Blog Entries
    Honestly this one could take me a while. I've written a novel, (A fanfiction to be more specific of 75,000 words in less than two weeks maybe less but boy did it need some heavy editing.) So I know I can do it I just need to fit all of the pieces in place and have the proper pacing so as to draw the whole story out for a few novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojack79 View Post
    Honestly this one could take me a while. I've written a novel, (A fanfiction to be more specific of 75,000 words in less than two weeks maybe less but boy did it need some heavy editing.) So I know I can do it I just need to fit all of the pieces in place and have the proper pacing so as to draw the whole story out for a few novels.
    I've got well over 350,000 words in mine so far, and am only about halfway there.

...and we won't even talk about the editing it's gonna need, even though I run through it and do 'preliminary editing' on a regular basis.

I honestly have no idea yet how many books it's gonna have to be broken up into.

And no, I didn't intend to write an entire series all at once. It just kind'a happened.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Blog Entries
    I think the hardest part for me is going to be balancing out all of the gods and there abserd powers and abilities. The Hindu pantheon has super weapons that can punch through any defense so I either have to nerf that heavily or come up some pretty damn good plot armor.