What do you think of this tracking device scenario for my story? - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this tracking device scenario for my story?

Quote Originally Posted by Hill.T.Manner View Post
    That! it's the "Oh okay, but..." there is no but, there is no follow up. Do your own research, if you think it works then go for it. You'll find out later when someone reads it if it works with your overall plot. If you need consistent reassurance that your writing works then you shouldn't be writing.
    I already did the research though, and was asking if it works. I did post the scenes as written like I was advised to.

Maybe the fact that this whole issue has already been discussed multiple times, and you don't seem to learn anything from it, or that you should be posting it in one of the workshops rather than here?

Could also be that people are just tired of dealing with you, due to you constantly repeating the same behavior, and exhibiting the same habits.

Who knows? I guess you'll just have to figure it out yourself. *shrug*

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Okay, well from now on when I want to ask about a section in the plot I can post it directly from the screenplay, in the workshop if that's better.

You've been told what the problem is, and you've been told how to correct it.

If you can't find your way to do that, it's on you and no one else.

No one here is required to hold your hand or lead you to it.

All anybody can do is give you the information, to the best of their ability.

YOU are the one that has to make it work for you.

And if you just don't have the ability to do that, for whatever reason... it's not anyone else's place to keep you afloat, and make sure you get where you want to be.

So stand on your own two feet, and quit leaning so hard on everyone else and expecting them to carry you.

G.D.

Hey Pony, someone with the know how could probably make one from parts bought at Radio Shack. And it doesn’t take a rocket scientist, just consider that for a moment. D.G
    The Greatest Teacher, Failure is!

Okay thanks, but I wasn't asking about how to make a tracking device or what to use for one. I was asking if the situation is too coincidential or convenient for the reader as to how the main character locates the next spot for the next kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    I was asking...
    Yep. And according to the 242 threads I found, that you've started since 2015 - on the same story - that's about all you do.

You don't really contribute anything at all, do ya?

It's all about getting people to answer questions about your story and helping you work it out.

Why do I get the feeling that if I left here right now, and came back 5 years later, you'd still be right where you are, doing the same thing, concerning the same story?

G.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Yep. And according to the 242 threads I found, that you've started since 2015 - on the same story - that's about all you do.
    Got to agree.

Asking technical questions in science and maths fora will only yield a few vague hints towards an answer. It's not that they don't want to be useful, but you really need to work this stuff out for yourself. It's painful, bashing your head against a single problem for weeks sometimes, but figuring it out for yourself actually develops your craft. Seldom are there definitive answers in artistic processes like writing, but the same ethos should apply.
    Last edited by epimetheus; February 12th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    Okay, well from now on when I want to ask about a section in the plot I can post it directly from the screenplay, in the workshop if that's better.
    It's not. Work this stuff out for yourself. Multiple members have indicated that they're tired of doing your legwork for you. STFU already.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

This says it all.
    A member with 1460 posts, 700 of those asking advice on how to do his work. The other 760 of those, arguing and ignoring those that did take the time to offer their thoughts and opinions. He has said, Thank you, once in the last four years and never liked a response in the same four years.

Is it me or is there a trend here?

ironpony

MemberJoin DateApr 2015Posts1,460LOL (Given)0LOL (Received)11Likes (Given)0Likes (Received)52Thanks (Given)1Thanks (Received)12
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Hidden Content ,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast