Interesting Article about ROOKIE MARKETING MISTAKES by authors

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Interesting Article about ROOKIE MARKETING MISTAKES by authors

Lightbulb Interesting Article about ROOKIE MARKETING MISTAKES by authors

Interestingarticle about ROOKIE MARKETING MISTAKES made by 1st time authors. Not sure Iagree with all of these, but most seem valid. I certainly made my share oferrors with book #1, but tried to learn from them when marketing my followingbooks.

https://socialmediajustforwriters.com/how-not-to-market-your-book-12-rookie-mistakes/
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Hi Mikeyboy, thanks for the link. Some good tips in there re giving away som ebooks, not starting too wide and requesting reviews. Any idea what a street team is or how to start one?
    Which were the ones you didn't agree with?

I disagree with #5... I don't think its a problem going wide right away as that is what I've done with my 3 books. I recently put my 2 oldest books (now 2 years old) into the KU program/no longer wide... not really a big difference in my sales/royalties so far.

I discuss what to do with a street team a little bit in this post... https://www.writingforums.com/thread...19#post2211319

As far as starting one, I think the best advice is to build your email list and a following of fans via social media and then ask them if they want to join your Street Team. Good luck!
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content