Bazz's Musings. - Page 12

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: Bazz's Musings.

There is a little difference between 'Emperor' and 'Dictator', and the first of those had refused the crown, it was his nephew who took it, and even he termed himself 'First among equals'. De-facto Emperor but nominally 'First citizen', after Augustus they were less coy about it.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I googled "was Caesar a dictator ?" This from BBC History something-or-other was the first entry: "... was now master of Rome and made himself consul and dictator. He used his power to carry out much-needed reform, relieving debt, enlarging the senate, building the Forum Iulium and revising the calendar. Dictatorshipwas always regarded a temporary position but in 44 BC, Caesar took it for life."

re the op ( yo yo) eh...

what would happen if the trumpster declared himself president for life ( U.S. cultural equivalent of the title 'Emporer')? I have my opinions (basically no, that would not fly; not for two seconds...)

Okay then, ( restating the original question) how might a person or in what circumstances would a president of the United States get to be Dictator? People are bandying about that Trump's the next Hitler... Explain how it's done? Does he need brown shirts going around beating people up? Would a purge- a Night of the Longknives help? And this night of the Longknives, who exactly does he arrest and kill? Something else? Please share.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it; not as anything realistic. He may have autocratic tendencies but again how does he overthrow the rest of the civilian government? And please, we accept all ideas, but we want something original here ( not a zombiepocalypse scenario). We're thinking originality will help sell Bazz as the new, um, something ( eh-ah... 'Marketing'; see were very smart...'savvy').
    Last edited by Kevin; Yesterday at 01:07 PM.

Poor old Donald. I don't see him as the next dictator. Although, he may accidentally sow the seeds for civil strife in the future.

We're thinking originality will help sell Bazz as the new, um, something
    Probably a bit too late to sell Bazz as the 'new' anything. I think it would actually be hard enough simply to sell Bazz; what do you think you might get as a best offer?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112