Beware of SCAMS!

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Beware of SCAMS!

Lightbulb Beware of SCAMS!

Be on the lookout for writing scams! Justgot a suspicious email this week saying one of my books was nominated for anaward that I never heard of and my book’s title included an obvious typo.Ugh!

Here’s a goodarticle about new scams...
    https://annerallen.com/2019/01/new-writing-scams-2019/
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Anyone who asks for money up front is someone to be avoided. Anyone who tries to sell you something is a scam. If you keep those things in mind, you'll be fine.

Previously I had good luck with CreateSpace which is now Kindle Direct Publishing. I am quite pleased with the ease of the process.

I remember when I was kid there was some sort of mail-in poem contest and I submitted a piece. They prompted responded with "You Won!" and "Buy our plaques to put your poem onto", nevermind the fact that my poem had a typo.

Good times.

But.. but poetry.com said that I'm a WINNER! They even said my poem is set to appear in a forthcoming anthology!
    Here's my poem:

I told my dog
    To have a heart
    And to please go outside
    If he felt the urge to fart.

They are going to inscribe it into a plaque and everything! (All for the low, low price of $500USD!)
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?