Is there an opposite term for "whistleblower"?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an opposite term for "whistleblower"?

Is there an opposite term for "whistleblower"?

A whistleblower is a slang term for someone who knows that a crime is going on, and they tell everyone about it. But is there an opposite term for someone who agrees to keep a crime swept under the rug that is used in the same slang kind of way, but opposite? I couldn't find one in the slang dictionaries or thesauruses and there is no antonyms for such a thing it seems, and was wondering if anyone knew?

Coverup
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

But cover up refers to the situation, not the person. Coverup is an 'it', not a 'he' or 'she', right? Like would you actually say in a sentence "he's a coverup"?

Pipesucker.
    "All good books have one thing in common - they are truer than if they had really happened."

Hidden Content

Rat.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Hidden Content ,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

I think the term would either be:

-Enabler
    -Co-conspirator

informant. 2. tattletale, whistle blower, Inf. snitch, Inf. snitcher, All Sl. fink, rat, ratfink, peacher, stool pigeon, stoolie, canary, nightingale, squealer, weasel. 3. spy, agent, secret agent, undercover agent, double agent, counterspy.
    Rodale, J.I. (2016-04-22). The Synonym Finder (Kindle Locations 43431-43434). Rodale Books. Kindle Edition.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Future convict?

Unconvicted felon?

Soon-to-be prison bitch?

Wanna-be jailbird?

Any number of terms generally fit the description.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

In all seriousness I think probably a word like "stooge" is what the OP is looking for.

stooge /noun DEROGATORY a person who serves merely to support or assist others, particularly in doing unpleasant work.

Also depending on the nature of the person's support for the criminal enterprise, words like "lackey" and "patsy" may apply.
    "All good books have one thing in common - they are truer than if they had really happened."

Hidden Content

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    "Sucker" would also work, I think, if the person has been told and believes that he/she will somehow benefit from his/her silence, when the person making those promises has no intention of keeping them.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast