Odd Couples.

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Odd Couples.

Odd Couples.

A while ago I posted a thread 'He was the sort of man that...' . It did get some interesting responses, but gradually dwindled. Thinking about it I thought it might have been a bit flat, what it needs is some contrast, a bit of conflict, so how about a new version; Odd Couples.

He was the sort of person who liked rough oatcakes, occasionally with a bit of cheese even.

She was the sort of person who liked whipped cream with meringue, all froth and sugar.

See what I mean? describe both partners in the relationship, any relationship.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

She was the motherly type, her wife was in need of mothering.

Nice try, Bazz, but the thread has sat here for a bit, how about making it one where you respond by providing the second partner and then give your own first, so:-

'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter'

and you go 'He was ...' and describe her partner before inventing a new character for the next person to provide a partner for.

So go on
    'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter.'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

'She was the sort to wear a white blouse in the summer and a navy cardigan in the winter.'

"He was the sort to wear socks with his sandals in the summer and cowboy boots in the winter."

She was the sort to only gossip among friends.
    Last edited by midnightpoet; May 25th, 2019 at 12:16 AM.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"If it weren't for sin, what would we write about?"

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content