Anyone here used KDP ROCKET to get keywords for their Amazon ads?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Anyone here used KDP ROCKET to get keywords for their Amazon ads?

Question Anyone here used KDP ROCKET to get keywords for their Amazon ads?

Just curious if anyone here has used KDP Rocket to get keywords for their Amazon ads. If so, did you think it was useful? Worth the $97 cost to purchase it?
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

I have it but haven't used it extensively yet, since I'm nowhere near that point in my writing. It looks tremendously useful for picking keywords and evaluating the market. The owner, Dave, is very helpful and does a good job in responding if you have issues, which you probably won't because it seems like a very solid app.

Another tool I've got is KDSPY which gives ranking information on Kindle eBooks as well as guesstimates on sales, income (which are a bit suspect, in my view, but useful in a general way) and other information relative to a particular genre.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Graphic Design. Illustration. Happy Dogs.
    Hidden Content

Sigmadog, thx for the feedback.

UPDATE: I bought the KDP Rocket app this weekend and used it to find the best categories and 7 keywords for each of my books, plus I used it to get as many relevant keywords as possible for my Amazon ads. Here are my initial thoughts:

PROS:
    1) I liked KDP Rocket overall and found it easy to learn to use (I watched the 4 or 5 short video tutorials before I used it),
    2) I was able to add about 100 additional keywords to each of my book's Amazon ads, which should help their performance (time will tell),
    3) I was able to research the best keywords to use for my books and revise the 7 keywords allowed for each of my books that are loaded into KDP and Ingram Spark,
    3) I was able to find better Kindle categories for each of my books (you are allowed upto 10 Kindle categories for each book plus 10 print book categories too).

CONS:
    1) Not a cheap tool (cost me $97, but it is a one-time fee and I'm eligible for all future upgrades to this app)
    2) The category search function is LIMITED to Kindle categories only. But I sent KDP Rocket an email and was told that they will soon release an upgrade that will let users search for Print Book categories too.
    3) Certain functions (like category searches) will suddenly lock up and tell me to try again in 4 hours due. The explanation is that Amazon thinks this app is a robot due to excessive use. I asked KDP about it and was told that some Windows 10 PC users experience this problem frequently, but it tends to get worse in the afternoons. They said they are working on it and hope to have a solution in the future. This problem caused me to spread out my category searches over a few days to find categories for all of my books. Not a big deal, but definitely not convenient. Luckily, I can still search keywords with no problems at all.

OVERALL: I'm happy with this purchase and I'm glad I tried it. Time will tell if my book sales and performance of my Amazon ads increase as a result. But I'm cautiously optimistic that they will improve (even if just a slight improvement). We'll see.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content