Your 2018 Book Sales?

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Your 2018 Book Sales?

Question Your 2018 Book Sales?

Curious to hear how last year’s book sales were for my fellow indie authors. Were sales up or down for you?

I’m stoked about my 2018 results (1,125 total sales), which were 53% more than 2017 (733 total sales). Of course, I can’t quit my day job on these numbers, but I’m grateful to be headed in the right direction.

On the downside, I need to do a better job on my Amazon ads this year. My ads resulted in plenty of sales last year (443 sales), but they were NOT cost effective (I spent about $500 more than the resulting royalties). Ouch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 vs 2018 book sales.jpg  
    Last edited by Mikeyboy_esq; January 2nd, 2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fix spacing errors
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Four books since Hallowe'en have generated 2248 sales. Test Patterns: Creature Features sticks around #100 in its main category, with the two new ones in the 200s after two weeks in the top 100.
    Ebooks far outsell the paperbacks but the ratio isn't as ridiculous as it once was, more like 4-1 as opposed to 93-1 last year. We're in the black a little bit.
    This is all for anthologies which are traditionally the lowest-selling items.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

That's fantastic! Congrats!! I'm guessing your sales in 2018 far exceeded 2017? If so, what did you do differently in 2018 to increase your sales?
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    That's fantastic! Congrats!! I'm guessing your sales in 2018 far exceeded 2017? If so, what did you do differently in 2018 to increase your sales?
    Didn't really. Just kept at it. 2019 sales will be better still, judging by the curve so far. Unfortunately, there won't be a 2020 as we're closing our doors after this year and I'm going back to being a solo.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx