Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 3


Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 385

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

  1. #21
    Member Guard Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    1,453
    Everybody has a great leader... depending on who you ask.

    And everybody has a suck-ass leader... depending on who you ask.

    So I'd really rather not see a game of "I'll show you yous 'cause you're showing me mine."


    ...'Cause that would just be... ugly.



    G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

    Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

    "The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

  2. #22
    Putin does like America, and he bought it surprisingly cheap.

    I'm sure there is no EU verses Putin struggle, Putin is just out for everything he can get. The EU is also out for everything they can get. So is every other country.

    When The UK leaves the EU they will both take a hell of a knock, Like every other country Russia will take advantage. That's Darwinism for you.

    I still don't understand why The UK is willing to stab itself in the back and then irritate all its friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Say I know that guy! Isn't he the convenient "straw man" losers blame every time they can't justify their self-inflicted defeat?
    I mean that was one of the arguments the Stay folks foisted, right? The EU is weaker without GB, therefore, a vote for Leave is a vote for Putin.
    Putin bad, Merkel good. Four legs good, two legs bad.
    Pure logic, that.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I'll just never wrap my head around the concept of folks across the water, in another land, dictating the minutia of your daily life.
    That seems grossly inefficient and anti-liberty. But I'm just overly simplistic and partisan. And 'Murican.
    What minutiae of daily life do you imagine European governments control?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz cargo View Post
    I still don't understand why The UK is willing to stab itself in the back and then irritate all its friends.
    Because the 'people' have spoken and TM is on a suicide mission.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content






  5. #25
    WF Veteran Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Principality of Poyais, Mosquito Coast
    Posts
    1,882
    Blog Entries
    169
    Cassius:
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

    Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)

    Life is much easier when one can simply shrug, point at Brussels, and walk away. Some really like that.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Because the 'people' have spoken and TM is on a suicide mission.
    I rate another referendum as 50-50. But she will likely delay that as long as possible because it would finish her, just as a no-deal brexit would. I still haven't forgiven the bigot for Windrush, and probably never will.
    Politicians haven't yet adapted to a world with the internet. Many of them still behave as though they can get away with the indiscretions of the past, forgetting that they can be publicly called to account now, even by nobodies.


  7. #27
    Kicking the can down the road is the preferred method of dealing with any problem, especially one which is either monumentally stupid or impossible. Perhaps she is hoping for a convenient war or volcano or something. The only way to commit Brexit is to throw Northern Ireland under the Brexit bus and then go and live on a tropical island somewhere while the lunatics take over the asylum.

    We need a better alternative to replace this lot of weirdos than the fascists, they are good at feeding the fear of strangers but their cure is a particularly nasty form of oppression. And they know how to use the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Phil Istine;2198466[/B]]I rate another referendum as 50-50. But she will likely delay that as long as possible because it would finish her, just as a no-deal brexit would. I still haven't forgiven the bigot for Windrush, and probably never will.
    Politicians haven't yet adapted to a world with the internet. Many of them still behave as though they can get away with the indiscretions of the past, forgetting that they can be publicly called to account now, even by nobodies.

  8. #28
    Utterly failed to add link...
    Last edited by bazz cargo; March 12th, 2019 at 11:36 PM.

  9. #29
    Come what May some big financial predators have decided to move whether the UK (time to ditch that) stay or go...alot of service sector firms are moving to Ire...natural migration I believe...the good news alot of Tory party members sold their corillion shares before the collapse and many of them have invested in other currencies and have made a killing so far...do you believe in conspiracy theories...
    The only one who can heal you is you.




  10. #30
    So I have a question;

    Based on everything I have been able to read on the origins of Brexit, it seems that Vlad and his army of trolls war largely behind the movement.
    He used his cyber-army to drive anti-immigrant sentiment, and convinced a great many people that Brexit was the solution (which they discovered the morning after was not the case at all.)
    I read about the commotion of Brexit every day, but any mention of Vlad's interference seems to have been forgotten.

    So my question is: Once people found out Vlad had hoodwinked you, why didn't more people demand an untainted referendum?



    Putin did this to the UK because it weakens Europe.
    He dumped Trump on America because it would cause absolute chaos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.