Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 36

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    I no longer care either way but Brexit will break Britain. I just feel so sorry for Northern Ireland who never voted to leave and hope they can resolve the border issue without the return of bloodshed. As for Scotland, again they never voted to leave so I would not blame them if they break away from the UK, go independent so they can remain in Europe.

It sounds simple on paper but to implement ... if it had been that simple to extract GB from the EU, we would have left a couple of years ago.

It has already fractured families and friends and unhealthy divides in opinion.
    It's possible to point fingers in many directions, but every time I start doing this it keeps stopping at Cameron - the gutless pipsqueak who didn't have the balls to stand up to the wannabe fascists in his party, and when he lost his gamble he ran off into the woods squealing like a stuck pig. If he were in front of me now I'd say that, and more, to his face. And that prick wrote a bestseller too. I won't be buying it as I don't want to put a penny in his pocket (not that he needs it), but I'd read it if I came across a bootleg copy on the internet. I don't normally do that as I believe artists should be paid, but I'll make an exception in his case.

I can't help but think Britain is Prussia to the EU's Germany. The historical similarities are uncanny.
    Dead by Dawn!

Last edited by Phil Istine; November 14th, 2019 at 12:19 AM.

Well. Even if Brexit is cancelled we will soon see the break up of the UK. I'm sixty, it will happen before I die.

Nothing lasts forever and I suppose the UK was due to end anyhow.
    The odd thing is, we will need the EU more than ever after the UK breaks up.

Grandma's getting frisky or five dozen an now...six...0...bazz cargo....house
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Yo esc. I'm still chasing, I just need oxygen sometimes.

Bookshop owner is of the opinion that if corbyn gets in he will meet with an accident...to me hes a wise chap an I like his pov on stuff....bit of a snob in his diluted form for a man in trade...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

The people were asked and given a chance to vote.

What their opinions and decisions of whether to stay or to leave were probably already made long before all the propaganda started. Whether the decision to leave is better for some people or not so good for others is irrelevant as there will always be winners and losers in all decisions whatever they are.

Who is right and who is wrong is also totally irrelevant as everything changes with time regardless of decisions made.

The point is the people were asked a question which was quite simple and they gave their answer.

If you do not act on that answer you are in big trouble, not just now but forever as long as those people are still living on both sides of the fence. This is because you will never be trusted or be able to regain their trust again.

Parliament and it's process will be deemed to be rotten and corrupt by the population and will never be trusted on anything by all people.

What you end up with is a population of people who see that those in charge are not interested in acting on the peoples decisions when voting. So then next time there is a vote, the only people who participate (very few) are the ones who are trying to gain power for their own means and not for the good of the people or country.

The only way this can be stopped will be to get the masses out voting again which will never happen and those who have gained power will put in measures to stop this ever happening. A simple fixed term Parliament is one example which becomes longer and longer.

The result is through not acting on the peoples decision whatever it is, you will in fact destroy the democratic process. There are lots of examples around the world of this and none of them are what you call great places.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    The point is the people were asked a question which was quite simple and they gave their answer.

If you do not act on that answer you are in big trouble, not just now but forever as long as those people are still living on both sides of the fence. This is because you will never be trusted or be able to regain their trust again.

Parliament and it's process will be deemed to be rotten and corrupt by the population and will never be trusted on anything by all people.
    The irony is that the vote was exactly about giving more power to British parliament. Parliament is simply wielding that power, as it did so in the past.

But i agree, either way this pans out it won't be good: we'll either get a rise in right wing populism or the break up of the union and a weaker economy.

Quote Originally Posted by epimetheus View Post
    The irony is that the vote was exactly about giving more power to British parliament. Parliament is simply wielding that power, as it did so in the past.

But i agree, either way this pans out it won't be good: we'll either get a rise in right wing populism or the break up of the union and a weaker economy.
    Well this is just your opinion and thats ok because you are entitled to it. But your points.........

Right wing populism: You say that as if it is a bad thing. Being right wing isn't being an SS guard in a concentration camp. Being Left wing isnt all good and don't forget Communism which is extreme Left wing killed lots more people than the Nazi's ever did. But if the masses prefer to be what you refer to as 'Right wing' then that is their democratic choice......isnt it? ....In a democracy.

Break up of the union..........I should imagine that this would happen some time just as the EU would also break up some time. A break up doesn't mean a weaker economy. It may mean that some sections/countries are better off not having to subsidise other sections/countries. For example NI is subsidised by billions to the rest of the UK in monetary terms. So if they were no longer part of UK then obviousley in monetary terms the UK would be better off........I should imagine?