Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 31

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

Show me to the Brexit then ... Please!
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Just text me brother and he can't make it tomorrow because he's digging a ditch
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Has anyone read this short story called "The Great Democracy"? I think it explains everything Brexit, Whitehouse, Westminster and whatnot.

https://www.writingforums.com/thread...-(3-676-words)
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

When Boris was replying to questions yesterday to the backdrop of police officers I got a very uneasy feeling and after watching Question Time last night I'm thinking this is not going to end well

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    There is no truth in the rumour that Boris has been seen carrying barrels of gunpowder into the cellars under the Houses of Parliament, so far as I know.
    Nah, last I heard he was taking tips off Trump on how to lie by using a.... Sharpie... Other than defacing weather charts, Trump's upped his drawing skills elsewhere. At least he finally managed to get his wall..... Here's what else Donal Trump would chang with a Sharpie.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Changed my mind about blocking the thread but there are a few posters on here I might ban
    Ban's escorial for want to ban posters an... oh, sorry... wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    When Boris was replying to questions yesterday to the backdrop of police officers I got a very uneasy feeling and after watching Question Time last night I'm thinking this is not going to end well
    I've never hated and been terrified more by a political balls-up in my life. No one is fit to run this country at the momemt. The old guard need removing across all parties. The decisions over Brexit belong to the youth: they'll be the ones dealing with fallout for years to come.
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

What terrifies me is that while they are all arguing about Brexit, there are more important issues to discuss... aka climate change and plastic pollution. If they don't take these issues seriously NOW our children and grandchildren won't have a future.

I have tried to follow the various Brexit debates and I've lost the will to live. What happens to Ireland if there is a 'No Deal'?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    What happens to Ireland if there is a 'No Deal'?
    US lot go in heavy-handed with what's known as a 'hard border' with them: from remote cameras to guard posts to see what goods are crossing between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. And the prospect of that... hell no, God no....

Edit: sorry. You ideally need to know the history over the Northern Ireland conflict v Brexit to understand the fears. Nobody wants to see this split again. At the moment you can move freely between the two, with goods checks going on at the borders, but around Ireland -- not right through it, splitting the two again. The UK only has a say in Northern Ireland, so we'll be effectively dividing Ireland into two, in a potentially more physical presence than ever seen before. I wouldn't be happy, I know that.
    Last edited by Aquilo; September 6th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Mike Posner.

The two party system has ran its course..why Labour still calls itself that I'm dumbfounded...Liberals,SNP...etc one would expect to find new ground while the YA in society must organise themselves and face the challenge with all they can...good luck

For me the backstop is more of a psyhcological barrier as it may stop people thinking in unison and bring back the us and them mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo View Post
    US lot go in heavy-handed with what's known as a 'hard border' with them: from remote cameras to guard posts to see what goods are crossing between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. And the prospect of that... hell no, God no....
    The decision by the electorate was to "Leave the European Union" which won by a majority of 1,269,501 votes (3.78%) over those who had voted in favour of "Remain a member of the European Union", with England and Wales voting to "Leave" while Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to "Remain"
    So if NI and Scotland voted to remain, I wonder how fair it is on them for the 'Will' of England and Wales to be inflicted on them? Maybe Brexit will break the United Kingdom. Ho hum
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    So if NI and Scotland voted to remain, I wonder how fair it is on them for the 'Will' of England and Wales to be inflicted on them? Maybe Brexit will break the United Kingdom. Ho hum
    It's not fair at all on either. Scotland won't face the potential conflict that Northern Ireland(potential non-EU member as forced by the UK) and the Republic of Ireland do (EU remainers no matter what the UK say). But they have good support from the EU with imported/exported goods and funding. They would face a lot of loss with no trade deals. So would the UK, so the questions is there -- why the f*** did ANYONE think leaving would be better for us? Why have politicians been caught lying and promoting anti-EU propaganda when they know all the issue we're going to face with a no-deal Brexit, or Brexit in general. What are they hiding? Well, I can guess what when it comes to EU laws on offshore accounts and stopping grubby UK hands flouncing the EU system.

I honestly don't know if it's down to Brexit or not, but it's getting scray with how thin the supermarket shelves are looking. We have five main shopping chains around us: Asda, two with Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, and Lidl. Yet each week I go, shelves look less and less stocked.

It's just bad blood all around.

Mike Posner.