Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 17

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    I'm a poor judge of character...water pistols at dawn
    No point. It'll probably be raining.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Going to a book launch talk tomorrow by Mr Parkinson about his sequel to Liverpool on the brink
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190618_190552782.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	23936
    He will be discussing brexit
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Just watched the TV debate..I think they should build a playschool at number 10

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Just watched the TV debate..I think they should build a playschool at number 10
    Haven't seen it yet but did record it and noticed in passing a short live portion with the sound turned off, which may be the best way to view it. Why did they put them on those high chairs, or was that also indicative of their childishness? If they'd been women then the sight might have been worth seeing, but the legs of men wearing suits aren't visually attractive. Also the chairs themselves had incredibly thin legs, which gave the impression that the men were hovering in the air. Maybe that was to signify that anyone able to sort out this mess should equally be able to levitate, let alone walk on water.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

These people have so many people advising them on image,body posture...all that stuff an as soon as it kicks of it all goes out the window..you could have put them on any format and five men would carried on as they did...after their supporters start with he,won,he said...embarrassing to watch

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    t the legs of men wearing suits aren't visually attractive.
    But probably a considerable improvement on the legs of the same men not wearing suits. Heard a bit on the radio driving home, a question from a schoolgirl about what they intended to do about the environmental issues. They all said they would put it at the centre of their policy, avoided making any commitment at all, and then bigged themselves up with no reference to it.

a politician is an arse upon which everybody has sat except a man, ee cummings
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Florence of Arabia has gone
    King Boris increases votes
    Jeremy v Gove
    Javis...will he carry on

King Boris closer to his coronation
    JHunt will prob wallup him in the debates but it's not what the country chooses..it's what the Tory party members desire...
    Last edited by escorial; June 20th, 2019 at 10:07 PM.

Who leads the Conservative party and who is Prime Minister is apparently irrelevant when the key issue is that parliament is in a state of stalemate. All it is now apparently capable of doing is voting not to do things, which is not its purpose. Even when it asks us what to do it then votes not to do them. There have been demands in parliament to exclude the possibility of a no deal Brexit. In other words they even want to vote not to do nothing. If they won't agree to doing anything and won't agree to doing nothing either then what's left?

In chess stalemate is just one way to cause a draw. Another is to repeat the same moves with the same results over and over. Well, I think we've already encountered that approach. No wonder the thought behind Brexit was to get our sovereignty back. At least a sovereign might just decide what to do. Someone said that currently we need another Winston Churchill, but what we actually need is a constitution that empowers such a person. First one must create the role and then find the person to fill it. Whoever is chosen as PM, if they aren't allowed to pursue their strategy then they will serve no useful purpose.

Love or hate her, Maggie Thatcher in her early days as PM would have got the job done. The men just don't seem to have the b****s
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>