Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 11

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

If only they had built Disney Land Europe in wiltshire and let the locals welcome visitors instead of getting coach loads of European migrants on a one way ticket to Wilshire land..
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    That as you chose them any might have seemed equally appropriate.
    Ah, you assume that we chose the music in our library rather than having been given the CDs and loaded them into our server wholesale. Sometimes we wonder where on earth the library acquired a tune when the system plays it. A music library is much like a library of books. As I also buy books in second hand lots I have some that I haven't read and some that I didn't particularly enjoy but still own. Our music system has a skip button on the remote control, so we can veto its decision to play an item without removing it from the library. Hence those 2500 tunes don't necessarily represent our preferences. In fact for example there are very few songs by the Beatles that I would choose to hear. I wasn't impressed by them in the 1960s and still am not.

Interestingly this is connected with the currently active thread The Importance of Meaninglessness. I suggested that the system's choice of music at that moment was meaningful when in fact it only seemed to be. That other thread discusses how readers may infer more than the writer intended and how one can avoid that happening. Not by long explanations like the one above obviously.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Honey, when you start getting advice about life from pop songs you are one step away from holding your trousers up with string and keeping ferrets in your hat.

I'm getting a smug tingle as the phone ins are populated by holiday makers who are pissed at the climate worry-mongers who are heading for Heathrow. Suck it up dudes, after Brexit you won't be flying anyway. Yuckty yuk yuk....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Ah, you assume that we chose the music in our library rather than having been given the CDs and loaded them into our server wholesale. Sometimes we wonder where on earth the library acquired a tune when the system plays it. A music library is much like a library of books. As I also buy books in second hand lots I have some that I haven't read and some that I didn't particularly enjoy but still own. Our music system has a skip button on the remote control, so we can veto its decision to play an item without removing it from the library. Hence those 2500 tunes don't necessarily represent our preferences. In fact for example there are very few songs by the Beatles that I would choose to hear. I wasn't impressed by them in the 1960s and still am not.

Interestingly this is connected with the currently active thread The Importance of Meaninglessness. I suggested that the system's choice of music at that moment was meaningful when in fact it only seemed to be. That other thread discusses how readers may infer more than the writer intended and how one can avoid that happening. Not by long explanations like the one above obviously.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011