Brexit. Discussion Only. - Page 10

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brexit. Discussion Only.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    from some 2500 tunes it randomly chose to play Land of Hope and Glory..
    It seems random, but what were the other 2,499 tunes?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

If Eire was to leave the EU and become part of the UK again, like it ought to, that would solve the backstop problem. On the other hand we could get out of Northern Ireland and hand it over to Eire.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

I have a thought. Is this the death throws of the Conservative party? Their grass roots membership is very small and a good percentage is ex-Ukip. Most of their income comes from trusts attached to wills. A party that has The Moggster and Kenneth Clarke in is a very broad church. Boris Johnson is aiming for the hot-seat and he will cause a few resignations. Schism anyone? Brexit has just become a sideshow.

Blog Entries
    A thought, do the "peers" (I assume pretty conservative still) still have influence as much as they did? I know the"royals" get a lot of press but is a lot of the "class system" in decline? Here across the pond I think we developed our own class system.
    "I pray that I not miswrite thee"

Chaucer

"There are four and twenty ways
    to practice tribal lays
    and every single one of them is right."

Kipling

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Shakespeare's Hamlet

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    A thought, do the "peers" (I assume pretty conservative still) still have influence as much as they did? I know the"royals" get a lot of press but is a lot of the "class system" in decline? Here across the pond I think we developed our own class system.
    Most people seem to be class conscious, I bet you don't associate with certain social groups. I don't know the political balance of the house of lords, although each party does tend to promote its own interests when proposing candidates there is a degree of balance, and only a few are hereditary peers nowadays, there are more life peers. It used to be that the House of Lords could stop a commons bill dead by voting it down. They can still stop it, but the commons can contest it nowadays, I am unsure of the conditions needed, but the Lords can be by-passed I believe.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    It seems random, but what were the other 2,499 tunes?
    ABBA, Alison Moyet, Beach Boys, Beatles, Bee Gees, Benny Goodman, Burt Bacharach, Cilla Black, Clannad (speaking of the Irish issue), Classical music, more Classical music, even more Classical music, guess what - Classical music, David Bowie, David Essex, Diana Ross, Duke Ellington, ELO, Elton John, Eurythmics, Fleetwood Mac, Glenn Miller, Holst (Er, that's more Classical music, isn't it?) ... What was your point?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    . What was your point?
    That as you chose them any might have seemed equally appropriate.
    Hidden Content

Now ERG stands for Extinction Rebellion Group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47945397

I was thinking of going to London and getting arrested. My CV is soooo boring.

Everyone wants to experience so much so quick without really understanding it all..make sure your dressed as a woman an explain to the police officer if they turn up that you are trans gender and wanted to be treated as a terrorist with access to legal aid so you can have your nationality evoked and have to live up north for the rest of your volatile life...as for your CV the world will always need ditch diggers..
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Making notes.... You seem to have a grip on this aspect of life, what did you get done for?
    Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Everyone wants to experience so much so quick without really understanding it all..make sure your dressed as a woman an explain to the police officer if they turn up that you are trans gender and wanted to be treated as a terrorist with access to legal aid so you can have your nationality evoked and have to live up north for the rest of your volatile life...as for your CV the world will always need ditch diggers..
    And so, Nigel and his team of carpet chewers are ahead in the opinion polls. We are about to let the criminals lead us into dark places. In twenty years time, if we still have a civilization, this will be an interesting miniseries on Netney.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast