Can you make money on Kindle Unlimited? - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you make money on Kindle Unlimited?

ANOTHER UPDATE:
    After running my first book in Kindle Select for 90 days, I decided NOT to renew it in that program. I was only getting around 1,000 to 1,500 page reads a month (~$5 of royalties) and my Countdown Deals didn't seem to spur additional sales. I also put my other 2 books into Kindle Select during the last few months and had similar or slightly worse results. During this same period of time (1st qtr 2019), my total book sales were down 8% compared to 1st qtr 2018... I wonder if using Kindle Select was part of the reason for that result.

In any case, my 3 nonfiction books don't seem to sell well in Kindle Select, so I'm gonna throw in the towel for now and opt out. Maybe Kindle Select is better suited for fiction books? Or maybe there is another reason? In any case, I'm glad I finally tried it, but don't think it works well for my particular books.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Hmm. I've been self-published via KU/KOLL for about 6 weeks now. I'm fiction, and page reads have been okay, although I'm still unsure just how they'll translate into royalties. I'm 60,000 page reads for those 6 weeks: two novels, but these are also 2nd editions (ex-trade publications). Sales are good. I just wish I could understand the royalty system for KU.
    Hidden Content
    Psychopaths & Sinners (Don't... Book 5)

Hidden Content

Aquilo,
    As I understand, once a month (around 15th) KU will calculate the total $ earned by KU subscribers and divide it by total page reads that month to calculate the KU royalties per page read. Then they multiply that number times each KU author' page reads that month to determine their royalties. For my nonfiction books, I only had about 1k to 1,500 page reads per month resulting in about $5 of royalties. Hope that info helps.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Thank you, it does, Mikey. So that's roughly 260 at 60k (very roughly). I'm doing it overall as it's easier to do, lol. Sales look as though they work out better compared to the 260, though, so I'm just wondering whether KU is worth it. With 2nd editions, it just seemed a better choice to get more interest, so... hmmm, difficult choices. I'd love to see how a 1st edition does.
    Hidden Content
    Psychopaths & Sinners (Don't... Book 5)

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12