I did it! I'm getting a manuscript PUBLISHED! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did it! I'm getting a manuscript PUBLISHED!

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Hey JJ -- one Canuck to another: congratulations, M'Man! I remember vividly my first acceptance of a poem. . . .it's like yer whole fuckin' LIFE has been validated. Then I felt humble for getting such an ego-rush. Lots of warring emotions. Anyhoo, as our friends in Oz are wont to say. . .good on ya, Mite! May you enjoy many more such moments.
    Thank you very much! When I got home and read the email last night, I nearly fell off my chair onto the floor! Didn't know whether to laugh or cry! That being said, once the euphoria passed a bit, I knew that I now had no choice but to step up my game, and keep improving my writing and evolve it. This is just the first step on a long journey, but it is a relief to finally get this first step!

PS Your Moby Dick analogy immediately flashed me to the Charles Bronson Death Wish movies (4 of them, I think?), and his obsessive street war with the punk-gangs that killed his wife and daughter. It's a theme that grabs every father, I would think. And there's a certain romantic derring-do about clashes with modern pirates on the high seas--do I get a sniff of a screen play down the road???
    I've never really thought about screenplays. Maybe someday!

PPS I did some of my RCAF basic training at Barrie, must be 200 years ago, or so it seems. Memories . . . . . ..
    Always a pleasure to know someone who's served in the Forces!

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    Congrats, this gives me a new impulse to send in my own work

If you give me the exact name of the Magazine, and the date of publishing, I'll issue you a new shiny award!
    Wow! Sounds good! I think my piece will be published in the next couple of days. When I see that it's up, I will send you the info.

-JJB

How's this publisher pay?

Buy 5 copies for your mother!

Wonderful news! You go JJ!
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    How's this publisher pay?
    This one is a not-for-profit publisher, but it opens the door to exposure and moderate circulation.

I have sent work to profit and non-profit publications over the last year or so. A few bucks would
    be nice, but I'm in it for the exposure and recognition aspect. I could have all the money in the
    world, but it wouldn't buy me any respect.

-JJB

Hi JJBuchholz!
    I congratulate you!
    I wish you continued success.

That is so exciting to hear! Good luck on your future efforts and keep writing.

Thank you all very much! You are ALL awesome!

-JJB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12