Litnet.club

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Litnet.club

Litnet.club

I'm posting this here to see what anyone may have heard about this. The concept seems simple but I can hardly find anything about them.

They have a FB page and this page: http://litnet.club/
    The search result for this has a description in what looks like Russian.

So, I don't know if it's a scam or a serious site. They've asked me for nothing nor have I signed up for anything. The concept is that readers pay a fee to read your book on line as you finish each chapter/section. Didn't see any price structure on the FB page.
    "Illegitimi non carborundum " Vinegar' Joe Stilwell

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

What you learn in life is important, those you help learn, are more important.

"They can because they think they can."
    ​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Pelwrath View Post
    I.

The concept is that readers pay a fee to read your book on line as you finish each chapter/section. Didn't see any price structure on the FB page.
    So if the readers pay a fee what do you get?
    Hidden Content

Learn more about poet, T.L. Murphy and his recently published poetry book
    'Hidden Content '.
    Check out his interview
    <<Hidden Content >>

I have no idea.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.

​Virgil

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools will speak to say something." Plato

"The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible."
    ​ Mark Twain

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Looks like a startup. I dunno about releasing chapters as I write them; I never show my work until it is at least Beta ready.

On the other hand, I have long theorized of a place where you could write never-ending serials, like the comics at Keenspace...but for writers. Imagine that; books with no end. Serialized literature. Every week a new episode.

But I dunno if this is the place for that. If anyone tries it, I'd suggest using something you don't mind losing.

It is not uncommon. One of my writer-friends works like this, on Smashwords. He writes longish chapters and releases those separately. I have purchased two of his books this way and I don't regret it. You have to write a smashing first chapter though, or you lose your readers
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am a clay potato in a strawberry field
    -Darren White, from "Clumsy"

So if someone pays you a fee, it means they will need your bank details? Add that to any sign-up info you provide and there could be a problem.
    Not saying it's a scam but I'm more wary these days.

@Darren;

Does your friend write short stories (5k words) or novelettes (circa 10-12h) and list them for sale?

​Virgil

​ Mark Twain