The Klingentine

Thread: The Klingentine

The Klingentine

Last edited by Darkkin; January 25th, 2019 at 03:40 AM.

hello - one of those poems that grows on you as you read it.

for me, the short lines here give the reader pause to grasp the ideas and images.

like much of this poem - nightmares at dreamsand shores - has the craft of being striking and hazy....

enjoyed..................Ned
    grasp the mettle of things unsaid
    and strike the nail upon the head

I enjoyed this, Darkkin. I confess that I haven't followed your poem stories closely enough to catch all of the meaning, but even I can clearly see the deeper message, here. I loved these lines, especially:

With keys for talons and toes,
    the Klingentine opens doors—
    unlocks the Utterances’ Woes.
    Well done!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

"For the Turtle Dark Tide, he waits—
    T’dore, Dread Bear, Deeper Knight
    upon a shingle shore, awaiting fate.

For it comes, as it will—
    and always has, Klingentine,
    Warden of Tides turned ill."

Very interesting work. Klingentine is unfamiliar to me. I know of Klingentina which is Tina blade and I wonder as to the meaning of "
    Turtle Dark Tide" and if the line pertains to you or where you are physically or in your mind and heart. Anyway, I am extremely impressed and I liked it very very much. It has a nice flow and rhythm and the content is very thought-provoking. Thank you very much.