Opinions - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by CPMurphy View Post
    I won't go into details about my book other than saying its Sci-Fi based. One aspect I have struggled with was a short synopsis. I don't want it to give too much away but give a slight hint. this is what I just came up with and was looking for opinions.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown can bring out the best and the worst in mankind. Heroes will arise and villains will emerge. Some will face their fears whilst others will run.

Childhood friends Aaron and Nathan didn’t need to think too long on which they would do.

Find a safe place and hide. The two friends and their loved ones flee the city hoping to remain safe from the unknown danger that faces the world.

Is there such a thing as safety when you don’t even know if there is a danger? For the two friends, the events that are about to unfold are more horrifying than either could have ever imagined.
    If this blurb was all I had to go by, I would not read the book. Also, it seems contradictory. They are fleeing, so they know there is a danger.

Sometimes the fear of the unknown can bring out the best and the worst in mankind. Heroes will arise and villains will emerge. Some will face their fears whilst others will run.
    Very cliche. Sounds like something you'd read on the back of the box for a video game.

Childhood friends Aaron and Nathan didnít need to think too long on which they would do.
    Find a safe place and hide. The two friends and their loved ones flee the city hoping to remain safe from the unknown danger that faces the world.
    I think the first line here is pretty good. It's clever. But the second line has to be equally clever so as to not ruin the punch. 'Find a safe place and hide' is too on the nose. Say something like "Fleeing the city, they head to the country with their loved ones in a desperate gambit to remain safe from the unknown danger that faces the world."

Quote Originally Posted by BornForBurning View Post
    "Fleeing the city, they head to the country with their loved ones in a desperate gambit to remain safe from the unknown danger that faces the world."
    That's really good! (I wonder if that's what actually happens in the story)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12