Getting yourself noticed. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The two-volume charity anthology probably won't hurt that cycle, if true.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Good karma is where you find it.
    But tis true that no good deed goes unpunished.

I always wanted to become a YouTube sensation and use that fame to drive readers to my books.
    Unfortunately I look like Deadpool without his mask...so that would not work.
    I thought about videos where I only show my hands...but those are ugly too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I always wanted to become a YouTube sensation and use that fame to drive readers to my books.
    Unfortunately I look like Deadpool without his mask...so that would not work.
    I thought about videos where I only show my hands...but those are ugly too.
    I'm kind of doing that with my Twitch channel, I'll do some writing or something there that is gradually building an audience. The bright side is that people seem to be able to tolerate my potato head and annoying voice enough stick around. With any luck it might help out with my brand in the long run...

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    Hubbard was already publishing, in Astounding mainly, and not selling all that well, when he came up with the notion of Dianetics and pitched it past Campbell.
    Good point, but I couldn't resist the joke....
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

I don't think I could write a new religion and keep a straight face at the same time.

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    I don't think I could write a new religion and keep a straight face at the same time.
    Yeah, but if you look like Deadpool, who'd notice?

G.D.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    - Robert Frost -

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123