Does Dictation in Word Take Practice When Writing Your Story? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That seems like something easy to do then and costs a lot less money for those who don't want to spend a lot of money. That is good advice. I don't own a smartphone but many here already have such a phone.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    That seems like something easy to do then and costs a lot less money for those who don't want to spend a lot of money. That is good advice. I don't own a smartphone but many here already have such a phone.
    Yeah, it sounds like it should be easy to do, but I don't know if it actually is, or is even possible.

Any tech geniuses in the house that can advise on this one?

G.D.
    Let me be painfully clear: I do not know what the hell I'm doing with this writing thing.
    And if I suddenly start acting like I do, would somebody please punch me in the head?
    Thanks.
    G.D.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."

I know that sometimes I just use the standard Google keyboard that comes on the phone I'm using that right now, it takes a little bit of practice to get used to saying your punctuation. Sometimes, the sentence structure that you use conversationally isn't exactly the best looking on a page. At the moment I'm just coming up with a response here and I'm using the things that you can see well about how much I'm able to get out in a minute or in this case will 90 seconds really because I need to bring this to a nice satisfying conclusion which I'm just about to do right now. As you can see, some editing is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Dluuni View Post
    I know that sometimes I just use the standard Google keyboard that comes on the phone I'm using that right now, it takes a little bit of practice to get used to saying your punctuation. Sometimes, the sentence structure that you use conversationally isn't exactly the best looking on a page. At the moment I'm just coming up with a response here and I'm using the things that you can see well about how much I'm able to get out in a minute or in this case will 90 seconds really because I need to bring this to a nice satisfying conclusion which I'm just about to do right now. As you can see, some editing is required.
    Wow... If I'm understandin' what you just did correctly, that whole process seems tedious and nerve-wracking.

...I think I'll just stick to punchin' it out on the keyboard, thanks.

G.D.
    Let me be painfully clear: I do not know what the hell I'm doing with this writing thing.
    And if I suddenly start acting like I do, would somebody please punch me in the head?
    Thanks.
    G.D.

I just chatted into the phone for 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dluuni View Post
    I just chatted into the phone for 90 seconds.
    But... Didn't you also have to add punctuation and such, or did I misunderstand?

You know, like "What the hell did you do *comma* exactly*question mark*"

G.D.
    Thanks.
    G.D.

Oh... Yes, I do. But, you kind of get used to that. It really isn't an issue. Honestly, I'm doing it right now.

I think I have much too vivid an imagination... 'cause I can just see you sitting there, talking that way, and your poor husband wondering what the hell has gotten into you... *snerk*

And for what it's worth, that would drive me bug-eyed nuts having to remember to do that.

G.D.

P.S. "Snerk" = A short, abrupt, snorting laugh that almost sounds like someone choking.
    ( I can't think of a more accurate way to describe it. )
    Thanks.
    G.D.

If you are going this route, then you may consider getting some kind of voice-to-text software like Dragon. You can tweak it to suit your needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12