Hey

Thread: Hey

Hey

Allow me to introduce myself, since it looks like that's the custom here.

I'm a man (of middling wealth and exceptional taste, if you were wondering) who likes to write. The term "Man" is a bit of a stretch, since I'm really more of a "young adult" and arguably haven't grown up much, but it serves. I've written stuff that I came up with myself for nearly as long as I could write, but I relatively recently discovered how much I really enjoyed it. Since at the moment my spot in life doesn't permit me to do anything else with my writing I decided to find some place online to dump out the collection of half-formed ideas I have floating around, maybe find some new ones as well, and in general improve myself as a writer. It looks like it will be fun.

Blog Entries
    I think you have found a great online place for writing, so welcome to wf, before you jump in however take a look at the rules that we have here at wf. An important one is the required 30 posts, which are any posts made around the forum apart from the living areas. Have a look around and get to know us and our members.

What do like to write prose or poetry or both?
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Thank you, I will do that.

As for Prose versus Poetry, I generally prefer prose, but I periodically get a poetic streak. I'm considerably better at prose, though.

Blog Entries
    I'm like that prefers writing prose but have poetic moments too. What genre do you like to write in?

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Have a look at the poetry challenges and discussion, you could find some good tips on improving there, if you wish to.
    The term "Man" is a bit of a stretch, since I'm really more of a "young adult" and arguably haven't grown up much, but it serves.
    You are not alone in this, and I was seventy four in September, long may it stay that way, growing up is over-rated.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    I'm like that prefers writing prose but have poetic moments too. What genre do you like to write in?
    I enjoy science fiction and fantasy the most, probably, but I like more or less everything.

Hello Vestiage,
    Yes welcome to WF. I’m sure there’s more than you
    think around these old halls of knowledge and
    entertainment... have fun exploring. Also, if you
    become a Friend ofWF, you may bypass the thirty
    post rule, either way we’re happy you’re here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestige View Post
    I enjoy science fiction and fantasy the most, probably, but I like more or less everything.
    I've not tried to write science fiction but I like writing fantasy mainly for a ya audience, I'm also dabbling in stories for small children as well.