Salutations

Thread: Salutations

Salutations

I suppose this is where I should start. I've been writing since I was just a child, nearly two decades -- I have so much unfinished work, it's heartbreaking. I've finally decided, now that I'm nearly 30, I should really start to buckle down and finish some of my projects. Hopefully I can find friends, criticism, enjoy others' writings, and share my ideas here.

Other nerd things I enjoy include RPG tabletop (such as DnD, WoD, Shadowrun, etc), Roleplaying, Star Trek, drawing, clay, and collecting books.
    Last edited by sicariote; November 4th, 2018 at 06:13 AM.

Awesome. So what sort of genre and work have you been doing? Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

I've dabbled in a lot of genres, but for the most part I stick to fantasy, and science fiction (or a mixture of both). Definitely love simple sword and magic type of settings, and interstellar situations. But, I really do love writing historical fiction, as well as hard science.
    Lately, and by lately I mean the last four years , I've been working 40-60hr weeks, and my dedicated time to writing has diminished. I've made a pledge to myself to set aside time to work on it, because it really does make me happy. With two kids, and two jobs sometimes you lose your hobbies amidst the chaos.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You have an interesting set of genres there, do you ever mix the historical fiction with the others? I can see some interesting ideas coming from that.

Good for you for coming back to your writing, it seems to so often be the case that people have been doing it since childhood but just lose the time or confidence along the way. You have more life experience behind you now anyway and that can only be helpful.

I look forward to reading some of your work.

Arachne

Dear sicariote,
    Like you, all or many of us have unfunished writings.
    And like you, we are here to gather information, get
    inspiration, share knowledge and find completion.
    Welcome. Please read the rules as they are important.
    And also, there is a thirty post rule requirement before
    posting your own creative works. Check into some of
    the discussions, poetry, Visual Arts and leave comments.
    Thirty will fly by. Again, welcome and glad you’re here.
    FYI, If you choose, you may bypass the rule by
    becoming a Friend ofWF.

I'm in the same boat. Nearly 30 with no accomplishments in life. Trying to buckle downand get shit done. While I’m not there anymore I remember thedays where I was working 50 hours a week while going to school full time andoperating on an hour of sleep a week. Good luck to you.