I went to prison last Saturday

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: I went to prison last Saturday

I went to prison last Saturday

Took a tour of the old Iowa maximum security prison in Ft Madison that is. The prison was built in 1839 and used up until 3 years ago.

One of several cell blocks

A guard tower

Cheery huh?

“Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Thanks for sharing Terry. There is something ominous about prison pictures. I like some of the black and white photos they seem to almost capture the old ghosts of the place. The color ones seem to shout, I used to live here...and it was hell. Hard to believe but an inmate stared at the same view for what would have maybe been the rest of their life.
    God hates a coward Revelation 21:8

“Good writin' ain't necessarily good readin'.”

Hidden Content ,

To encourage and facilitate "me"

All violent offenders should be dropped into a wood chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    All violent offenders should be dropped into a wood chipper.
    Seems a little severe for someone done for causing an affray on a Saturday night, mind you, include all thefts over $5 and you could pretty well empty the prisons. Personally I am quite glad to live in a country without a death penalty. Even if my personal opinion sometimes says 'Shoot them in the back of the head and be done with it' I still recognise it is not the way to go. Also. different things are important to different people, there are those who would quite happily forgive a wife beater, but burn a heretic just as happily, best to stay away from final solutions, there is no saying 'Oops, sorry' if you kill the wrong one, and you always will sometimes.

I love the castellation and turret, buildings like that are completely utilitarian nowadays.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Wow Terry,
    Your photos show a beautifully built structure on the
    outside and midevil in places like the black and white
    of the barred window could be from a European castle.
    I love how they left an inmates attempt to keep sane
    through his artwork. I can feel the effort.
    Nice lines and patterns.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content